SEVENTH ANNUAL WI CHEESEHEAD BASH

A note on the White Elephant....It's great fun for the kids too, so items that are both kid and adult friendly are very welcome. If you have kids that want to play, remember to bring an item for each family member participating.

Awesome! Okay guys so idk exactly if I'll be able to come but I would love to come. So I wanna know all about it please. When do animal and plant swaps happen? What kind of stuff is raffled? If we could only make it one of the days is there one that might be a better choice? :) thanks guys

Saturday is when everything happens: potluck meal, raffle, white elephant gift exchange. You can exchange plants &/or animals whenever you like. If anyone is bringing something, they will usually say so on this thread. It is then up to the interested party(ies) to contact that person & set up the details, usually by PM.

Raffle prizes can be whatever. We have had feeders, waterers, brooders, bags of feed, flock blocks, gift-type items, artwork, windchimes, etc. donated to the raffle. The cash made by selling tickets goes toward paying for the rental of the camp for the weekend & all the expenses (electric & water hookup, etc). Brent has bought a custom pizza cutter for the main raffle prize for a few years now.

White elephant gifts are typically "something that is useful, but you have no use for". Those should be wrapped so noone else can see what it is, and you should have 1 for each person who would wish to play, as Cindy said.

Bringing a dish to pass for the potluck would be appreciated but not required. You should bring your own beverages & any snacks and/or meals to accommodate yourselves for however long you plan to stay (other than the potluck meal on Saturday). Bringing your own chairs is a good idea too.

That is the short version. I am sure someone else will chime in with anything I missed.

CC I think you have it covered.

thumbsup.gif

Of course we will be there; really no excuse since we are just a tad bit further than Z.
wink.png

It's official on the pizza cutter...I just got off the phone from placing the order for it...hard to believe the annual event is only 7 weeks away now...the time will go by faster than you know it!

As we are getting really close, I wanted to recap who I am supposed to get fertile eggs from....Brent I think you were one of two people that I was going to get a few eggs from, yes? Which breed did you say you had again?

Also, if anyone has items that they are weeding out of their own gardens, please post them here in case anyone wants them and write down the names of who wants them. Trust me, I have forgotten and someone suggested this!!! Great idea.

Back
Top Bottom