Severly saddled air cells

CityDucklings20

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2020
Hey everyone! Im pretty sure I have read every post about incubating and hatching duck eggs on here and im super excited to join this community, everyone seems so helpful!

I have a question, I'm incubating my first set of duck eggs which were shipped. They were in the mail 8 days (usps delays lately 😒) and arrived with saddled air cells.
I have a Nurture Right 360 incubator which has a fan and has so far been consistent and accurate with temp at 99.5 and humidity at 55%. Im on day 22 and now that its getting closer im getting nervous on how the hatch is going to turn out. I recieved 5 eggs, one quit on day 18 and the other 4 are doing great! 3 of them have aircells which aren't too badly saddled, however one takes up half the egg going from fat end to pointy end.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with air cells this bad. If so do you have any advice. I assume I will have to assist this one, but im afraid it may have deformities? Im getting so excited as hatch day arrives and I just want to make sure it has its best chance of survival!

Attachments

• 20200901_161828.jpg
    20200901_161828.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 19
Wow, I have never seen one like that. What day is the baby on? I would be surprised if the embryo will have room to grow if the air cell is taking up so much space. What's your humidity at? Don't get too attached to it.............You could try hatching it upright in an egg carton, that can sometimes help a little.

Wow, I have never seen one like that. What day is the baby on? I would be surprised if the embryo will have room to grow if the air cell is taking up so much space. What's your humidity at? Don't get too attached to it.............You could try hatching it upright in an egg carton, that can sometimes help a little.

Thank you for the reply! Thursday is day 23. They all seem to be going strong still with thick veins through the egg. 🤞
The humidity has been at 55 steadily. The cells haven't gotten any bigger other than the little bit you see in the picture which has happened over the last couple days.

How did your hatch go? I have duck eggs with big aircells not as big as this but I’m only on day 16 so think mine will end big by hatch day so curious as to how yours went

Back
Top Bottom