Seville, Victoria, Australia

silkiemum

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Hi Chicken Lovers
smile.png

I am new to the site and think its just fantastic. I have had a problem with a silkie and have had some very helpful advice.

I am enjoying reading all the various sections and find I am learning heaps.

I am on 8a in Seville, victoria, and with google maps and google earth I guess we could all check each others place out these days!

Looking forward to lots of chicken chats.
big_smile.png

G'day! I'm an Aussie living in the USA. I grew up in Victoria. First Geelong area then Horsham area. Always nice to see another Aussie on here.

Cheers

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Do many Aussie's get onto this site? How long have you been in the US? Comming from Geelong and Horsham are you a bit of a country girl? Are you on a little farm over there with your chickens? Family there too?

I have 15 chickens, I have had them since March this year and its my first time owning Chickens, I have always wanted too, but just had to wait for a bit of land. I just LOVE having them, I sit and watch them all the time, I am finding them great time wasters that for sure. I have been getting 6-10 eggs per day from my 13 girls and have 2 roo's.

My OH, 3 kids and I have 5 horses and a dog too. My own little dream farm. We back onto the Warberton Trail which runs for miles so there's plenty to do up here.

Sandy

Hi Sandy. There are a few Aussies on here, some living in Australia and several in the US. Even a few Kiwis too!

I know exactly the area you are talking about, it's very beautiful and I'm sure you love living there. Sounds like your girls are giving you lots of eggs! Mine are just getting to laying age so I'm getting about 3 eggs a day from 20+ chickens.

I grew up on 5 acres in Lara, just out of Geelong. We had a mini hobby farm, horses, a couple pet sheep, chickens etc. Then I spent my High School years in Jeparit, North of Horsham. We lived in town but it was a very rural and country area.

I've been in the USA for 17 years now. Met my hubby when I was on holiday in Singapore. I came over here to visit him and went home 3 years later, married. LOL
Up until last year all our time has been in neighborhoods that didn't allow chickens. So we moved out of the city limits to 11 acres where we're in the process of starting our little mini farm. Horses are next on my list!

You'll love it here. Lots of very friendly and helpful people.

Shazz

Back
Top Bottom