sevin-5 for mites

I just did this yesterday with my EEs. I followed advice I found on here! I put some dust in the bottom of a plastic bag, put her in the bag with her head out and shook the bag. I couldnt really tell if it got everywhere it needed to but I will watch her and see if she stops scratching! Good luck!

yeah i just went ahead and tried it. i held them gentelyby the wings upside down and sprinkled them on the belly and rubbed it in with my hand. when i was done i tossed them in the air so the extra would settle in the coop so i wouldnt have to go back and sprinkle it. the coop is very well ventalated so i dont think they will inhale it.

If you read the bag you will see where it says safe for plants and animals. Sevin Dust works great for mites. Speaking of which, I found a chicken that could use a good sprinkle on her legs first thing tomorrow.

When cleaning the coop I sprinkle a little seven and Diatomeceous earth on the floor before I but down the bedding (pine shavings). No problem with mites or other insects.

Back
Top Bottom