Sewing machine recommendation

I have a brother that I bought on HSN. I don't do alot of sewing but I do sew fleece cage liners and sleeping bags for my hedgehogs. They have up to 6 layers of fleece but with a J foot it goes through it. It has a knee lift also which is nice and lots of stitches and feet.

Thanks for all the replies!

I think I've narrowed it down to either an old Singer or a heavier-duty Brother. There are a lot of old Singers on craigslist in my area, so I won't have trouble finding one. Finding one that actually works may be more of an issue.

Speckledhen, it's good to know that you quilt on your machine. I was working on a quilt when my machine broke.
sad.png

Have you considered a Brother sewing/embroidering machine? I got one for a little under $300 (now $400) at Walmart a few years ago. It does both embroidering and regular sewing. I have made thousands of things on it, and it is still working very well. The embroidery option was a whole new world for me, and it is so much fun. Over the years, I have gotten literaly a few 100 thousand free designs which I have made into a few hundred gifts. Warning - it is my most expensive hobby!

Back
Top Bottom