SEX LINKED EASTER EGGERS?

I bought him as an ameraucana but he's obviously not but all the others I bought with him, who are also labeled ameraucana but arent, lay blue and green eggs. So I just call him my easter egger rooster. I don't know his genetics but love his colors.hes a good roo too. He calls the hens whenever I go to feed or freshen up the water. He also protects them from those mean squirrels lol.

Yes all but the chipmunk that's from an easter egger hen and the dad is an easter egger as well. I just had some more hatch. The rooster in my first post is the only roo I have. The welsummer kept attacking me so he went to a friend. These eggs were collected long after he was gone.

Any updates or new photos for this cross?

I only kept one of the white ones here's a pic. The others went to a friend.

Hoping to get some sex linked chicks out of my Easter Egger roo and the Barred Rock pictured.
Him and the Buff Orp would probably make some cute little chipmunks. I have some White Leghorn hens too, maybe some more white easter eggers like jasondgarza's will be in the mix
jumpy.gif

Does Silver Laced Wyandotte count as barred or I can use him to get sex links?
Thank you!
Who is SLW, and what would you be crossing it with? It's possible to use a SLW roo to create sex links. Check the sex linked information chart.

Hoping to get some sex linked chicks out of my Easter Egger roo and the Barred Rock pictured.
Him and the Buff Orp would probably make some cute little chipmunks. I have some White Leghorn hens too, maybe some more white easter eggers like jasondgarza's will be in the mix
jumpy.gif
He should produce some beautiful BSL chicks with that barred rock. His comb is quite big for an EE comb. So, the resulting chicks won't have a tiny little pea comb. But, if he carries blue egg gene, you should get beautiful black pullets that lay an aqua or olive colored eggs. Check the sex linked information chart.

Last edited:
Hoping to get some sex linked chicks out of my Easter Egger roo and the Barred Rock pictured. Him and the Buff Orp would probably make some cute little chipmunks. I have some White Leghorn hens too, maybe some more white easter eggers like jasondgarza's will be in the mix
jumpy.gif
Posting an update for anyone still following this thread! Here are my three little hatchlings from that EE roo over the Barred rock hen. One little straight-combed cockerel, two pullets one with a muff and one with a peacomb
2764.png
Also this whole lot of what I'm calling White Easter Leggers
1f414.png
... the same Red EE roo over my White Leghorn hens. Most have straight combs and muffs.
And a few Buff Easter Orpingtons
1f609.png
same roo, over the Buff Orpington Hen, couple of muffs, and one lucky peacomb!

Back
Top Bottom