Sex- linked Information

Maybe they will look something like this?

Blue Isbar over Cream Legbar = sex linked Blue Ice Cream Bars
Post pics of the eggs when the girls start laying! They should be really pretty..

You are making the trip to FB look better all the time :)

Last edited:
Ok Im pretty sure I have what I think are a group that can produce sexable chicks but wanted to double check with some of you experts..

Splash marans rooster over cuckoo marans hens??

Do I see 5 roos??

No only four roos. Two of the girls are really light and two are a lot darker but the boys are really dark with definite head spots. Was an exactly even split in that hatch, first time we have had that happen.

Post pics of the eggs when the girls start laying! They should be really pretty..

You are making the trip to FB look better all the time :)

These four are going to new homes, actually the two lighter ones have already left. I am setting more eggs today, our Cream Legbars are laying like mad.
ep.gif

We will probably keep a few from the next hatch. These ones went to members of our local Facebook chicken group so I should be able to get pics.
You are welcome to come on over and get some hatching eggs any time. I am currently working on our Silver Sussex coop as they are nearing breeding age and need their own space. Figure in a month or so we will have Silver Sussex, Isbar, Blue Ice Cream Bar and possibly Bielefelder hatching eggs available. We lost our Cream Legbar roo but have eight cockerels growing out now, so hopefully we will have them back together in a few months too.

No only four roos. Two of the girls are really light and two are a lot darker but the boys are really dark with definite head spots. Was an exactly even split in that hatch, first time we have had that happen.

Must be the sunlight shining on the first chick!! LOL the whole head looks like a white fuzzy dot!

Nice thread. I'll be having some Black Australorp roo and Barred Rock hen crossed chicks soon from a broody hen. I first found the info in the first post on some prepper website. It's and exact copy of the info, idk if the original poster knows that their work has been stolen or not, but if they want the link to the other site where I found it I can provide it.

Edit: ahh nevermind, they told where they got the info and was just sharing it there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom