Sex links

samanthaoverton

🐔I speak fowl language 🐔
Jan 6, 2022
Thorn Hill, Tn
So I had questions about sex links a months ago. There not a breed I've dealt with. But found out that breeding a Rhode island red rooster with a white leghorn hen makes sex links. Anywho I now have chicks. I read that the males are white/yellow and females are buff. Anywho..I have four white/yellow chicks..umm does this mean four chicken dinners? Ignore the little red one she is another mix... I'm here to verify; Do I have chicken dinners or what? Sorry about my humour😁
IMG_20220324_200548_564.jpg

I think you just have mutts. Sexlinks are breed specific. I don't know alot aside from the female needs to have a silver gene. A barred hen x RIR. I have a Delaware x RIR. Red female white male.

I think you just have mutts. Sexlinks are breed specific. I don't know alot aside from the female needs to have a silver gene. A barred hen x RIR. I have a Delaware x RIR. Red female white male.
I do agree for everything else though.

The chicks are only sexlinked if the Leghorn carries the silver gene. Otherwise, the chicks are white because White Leghorns carry dominant white.

How confusing...here I read that a white leghorn hen and Rhode island rooster make sex links..very confusing. Thanks you guys. Lol..I guess I get to wait to find out what they are..Thank you👍

Back
Top Bottom