Sex

I raise Pomeranian Saddlebacks so lemme take a gander *insert rim shot here* at them at least. I know in your original post you said the "brown ones are both ganders" so I'm assuming you're talking about the Grey Saddleback Pomeranians you have though honestly I wouldn't be too certain they're male unless you specifically know for a fact from whoever you got them from (hatchery, breeder, etc.) that they're ganders.

For the lovely loud Knobbed ones the knob is your friend. I'd say my guess is that you have one male and the rest are girls.

My guess for the Emden is female.

The other big thing to keep in mind is how old are they? They look a bit young still to me. And if they're under 2 years old that might be why you're not getting eggs yet. (it's also the very beginning of breeding season as Geese in general start from late February and end around July).

I know my one female didn't start laying till her second adult spring. I got lucky with my youngsters that laid and hatched out babies their first adult spring. (I'm not counting the spring they were hatched).
The lady I got the Pomeranians from said they were 1.5 and those were the only geese she had she said they were loud n wanted them to be with other geese that’s I got them…lol.

Now my white ones most have decent knobs but one is bigger then the others even if only a little..but the white Chinese are about a year maybe a little younger not much tho. now the other bigger one-white with gray butt feathers with no knob I was told it was a 2.5 year old male. I hope I have more then 1 or 2 ladies as I don’t need 6-7 ganders lol

I raise Pomeranian Saddlebacks so lemme take a gander *insert rim shot here* at them at least. I know in your original post you said the "brown ones are both ganders" so I'm assuming you're talking about the Grey Saddleback Pomeranians you have though honestly I wouldn't be too certain they're male unless you specifically know for a fact from whoever you got them from (hatchery, breeder, etc.) that they're ganders.

For the lovely loud Knobbed ones the knob is your friend. I'd say my guess is that you have one male and the rest are girls.

My guess for the Emden is female.

The other big thing to keep in mind is how old are they? They look a bit young still to me. And if they're under 2 years old that might be why you're not getting eggs yet. (it's also the very beginning of breeding season as Geese in general start from late February and end around July).

I know my one female didn't start laying till her second adult spring. I got lucky with my youngsters that laid and hatched out babies their first adult spring. (I'm not counting the spring they were hatched).
It’s weird because they are all of a sudden all over eachother… my ducks were definitely much easier I know for a fact I have 2 drakes and 7 hens lol. The geese have me thrown for a loop lol.

Update: first goose egg..definitely have a female..and it got to cold n froze n cracked when it warmed up and had a definite bullseye.

Big white one with gray butt feathers is a definite male as well as the 2 Pomeranians..seen their goods lol.

Attachments

• A6FAE012-7449-46B3-82EF-34DA550A7499.jpeg
    A6FAE012-7449-46B3-82EF-34DA550A7499.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 2
  • B5CB0B17-FA4C-49E7-BAD1-D2ADB6E606BE.jpeg
    B5CB0B17-FA4C-49E7-BAD1-D2ADB6E606BE.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 2
Woo hoo at least 2 ladies :D
I think at least 3 maybe 4 of the white Chinese are ladies. I think at least 1 is a boy it’s got a much bigger knob then the others.

Attachments

• C3A9E526-4767-49C8-A7BA-BFC753A9BE46.jpeg
    C3A9E526-4767-49C8-A7BA-BFC753A9BE46.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 1
Woo hoo at least 2 ladies :D
I think at least 3 maybe 4 of the white Chinese are ladies. I think at least 1 is a boy it’s got a much bigger knob then the others.
Although you cant tell by the knob you can from the results. Congratulations by the time the season is over you will have a clue.Happy hatching>>>

Back
Top Bottom