Sexing 3 lavender ameraucanas-no crowing yet

ChiefSuperFly

Chirping
Jun 27, 2017
Boone
IMG_9102.JPG
IMG_9103.JPG
Fairly certain one is a hen. She isn't crouching yet :( I thought the other two were Roos.. but now I'm not sure! The one in the back is older than the front two and I'm suspecting that's the hen (Cloudy is her name)... and now I'm seeing a big comb on one of the youngsters... help!

Oh I'm in stitches!! Last night a friend brought me a silkie roo to borrow- he's a stud muffin!!!! Anyways I went out to check on him as when I pulled the door closed behind me I hear this hilarious "crow" I thought oh jeeze that little silkie sounds so funny!! So I popped my head in to see him do it again for laughs and it was the lavender you guys called rooster on!!! How ironic!!

I looked on my calendar and the oldest of the 3 is 6 months old. The younger two (1 confirmed roo) are 5 months old. Now if I can just get a dang egg!

Oh I'm in stitches!! Last night a friend brought me a silkie roo to borrow- he's a stud muffin!!!! Anyways I went out to check on him as when I pulled the door closed behind me I hear this hilarious "crow" I thought oh jeeze that little silkie sounds so funny!! So I popped my head in to see him do it again for laughs and it was the lavender you guys called rooster on!!! How ironic!!

I looked on my calendar and the oldest of the 3 is 6 months old. The younger two (1 confirmed roo) are 5 months old. Now if I can just get a dang egg!
You won't have long to wait! They look ready to lay any day now.

Back
Top Bottom