Sexing a few birds.

I have 6 birds, vary new to this and I can't have roasters. One possibility 2 of them are crowing at 630am but they don't do it when I'm watching.
1 a Bown Leghorn, should be a girl but im thinking boy.
2 and 3 Golden Laced Wyandotte, im thinking a boy and the next pic is the 2 I have.
4 and 5 This is the Barred Rock. It will be sad if I have to get rid of that one, so loving.
That's very bad luck, as all of them are boys.

I have 6 birds, vary new to this and I can't have roasters. One possibility 2 of them are crowing at 630am but they don't do it when I'm watching.
1 a Bown Leghorn, should be a girl but im thinking boy.
2 and 3 Golden Laced Wyandotte, im thinking a boy and the next pic is the 2 I have.
4 and 5 This is the Barred Rock. It will be sad if I have to get rid of that one, so loving.
The crower likely is the Brown Leghorn. They mature a little quicker than most other breeds.

The 2 Golden Laced Wyandotte in this pic, are they both male??
20210520_065746.jpg

Im so bummed right now. I started with 6 chicks from TS. My mom took the 2 bantams and did not even try to take care of them right till the night before they died. TS was great about replacing and this time the sales person was vary knowledgeable. So 6 chicks again. Now I learn ALL my chicks from the first trip are all boys. I only have 2 Brown Leghorns left. They dont like being held and they are fast. Doesnt help that they are not vary colorful. My daughter calls them the poop color chickens

That being said I'm so grateful I found the forums. I'm glad i have a space where I can not only as ask a question but I can learn what to do by reading others answers.

I hope to get a Barred Rock pellet or two in the future but I have learned my lesson and plant o do a lot of research first. Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom