Sexing Ayam Ketawa

Here ya go. The raggedy one is the one that I'm iffy about. It might still actually be a girl. As you can see it looks much different than the one I know for sure is a boy. So still having my fingers crossed lol. Same age btw.

Attachments

• ayam.jpeg
    ayam.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 41
  • ayam2.jpeg
    ayam2.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 42
How can you tell? The lighter color one definitely doesnt have the same coloring as the definite boy and its tail is much shorter. If they werent the same age i'd still be saying boy as well but seeing as they are, it looks like a coloring difference to me.

How can you tell? The lighter color one definitely doesnt have the same coloring as the definite boy and its tail is much shorter. If they werent the same age i'd still be saying boy as well but seeing as they are, it looks like a coloring difference to me.
I would agree, but that is still a male pattern and GIANT red comb and saddles coming in.

I keep getting conflicting reports about this. I'm probably just gonna have to wait until she shoots out an egg, but she looks pretty identical to the hen in this picture to me. I was told things such as combs wont really distinguish between each other until older and mostly the coloring will tell first. IMO the possible hen looks extremely similar to the hen in the middle pictured below. Color is much less vibrant than my for sure roo in my eyes as well.

1607474557240.png

I keep getting conflicting reports about this. I'm probably just gonna have to wait until she shoots out an egg, but she looks pretty identical to the hen in this picture to me. I was told things such as combs wont really distinguish between each other until older and mostly the coloring will tell first. IMO the possible hen looks extremely similar to the hen in the middle pictured below. Color is much less vibrant than my for sure roo in my eyes as well.

View attachment 2441601
Ok...but I am 101% it‘s a roo.

all 3 about 5 months. two have started crowing. this little bugger refuses. I have it in the house just so I can hear it lol.

Back
Top Bottom