Sexing Deathlayer Chicks

Are they gold or white? How are they doing? I have 5 eggs going into lockdown tomorrow. I'm pretty sure one has quit but will wait and see. I will be happy as long as I get one of each sex.
They are 3 weeks and 2 days as today, growing, they are supposed to be silver, Iā€™m not sure on what sex they are, I read somewhere that females get the tail feathers first and this all got their tail feathers at one week

They are 3 weeks and 2 days as today, growing, they are supposed to be silver, Iā€™m not sure on what sex they are, I read somewhere that females get the tail feathers first and this all got their tail feathers at one week
I know tail feather sexing works on black copper Maran but don't know about dl's. I saw where some said you could wing feather sex them at day old. I've never had luck with wing feather sexing though, so don't know for sure.

I know tail feather sexing works on black copper Maran but don't know about dl's. I saw where some said you could wing feather sex them at day old. I've never had luck with wing feather sexing though, so don't know for sure.
Yes I have no idea on wing sexing, the tail works with my brahmas, I will try to upload a picture tomorrow, one thing I noticed when they were born was one of them had a darker color than the others but donā€™t know if that means something, now I canā€™t tell the difference

Yes I have no idea on wing sexing, the tail works with my brahmas, I will try to upload a picture tomorrow, one thing I noticed when they were born was one of them had a darker color than the others but donā€™t know if that means something, now I canā€™t tell the difference
I love pictures.
Oh btw well come to Back yard chickensšŸ˜Š

I love pictures.
Oh btw well come to Back yard chickensšŸ˜Š
This are the chicks, one escaped few days ago and was hard to catch šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• FB60A149-62CC-4233-8A60-BFFE619231CD.jpeg
    FB60A149-62CC-4233-8A60-BFFE619231CD.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 22
Keep us updated on yours too when they hatch
so far three have hatched and one is breach but very much alive. I'll wait until 24 hrs after pip to think about helping. It's only been 18 and a lot can happen in 6 hrs.
that 5th one isn't even thinking about hatching. I'm happy with 4 out of 5 on shipped eggs from EBay. Just sorry I have to wait so long to know sex.

Back
Top Bottom