Sexing Deathlayer Chicks

Well call me shocked šŸ˜². I just stopped by the incubator to see how the breach (pipped wrong end) is doing and 5 has hatched. 5 of 5 is even better than 4 of 5. Woot!

Here they are, in all their glory. Scrawny one on right was breach. Little guy on left was a quail egg I threw in to lockdown with the big kids. Didn't really think it would hatch but the day before the deathlayers hatched it was out. So he thinks he is a chicken.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 16
Here they are, in all their glory. Scrawny one on right was breach. Little guy on left was a quail egg I threw in to lockdown with the big kids. Didn't really think it would hatch but the day before the deathlayers hatched it was out. So he thinks he is a chicken.
Haha is a mini, they are beautiful

What I don't understand is both the gold and silver seem to start out with the red head. Yours looks like mine but they are not the same.
I notice that too, they look exactly the same as mine when little, mine are getting some white on the feathers

Well bad news
They all died at one week. Don't know why. Went to feed yesterday and non came out from under heater. Raised it up and they were all dead. The other Easter eggers are all fine but death layers all dead.

Well bad news
They all died at one week. Don't know why. Went to feed yesterday and non came out from under heater. Raised it up and they were all dead. The other Easter eggers are all fine but death layers all dead.
Ohh so sad to hear that, I really donā€™t know what could happened, all I read is probably too hot or too cold is the only think I read on this

Ohh so sad to hear that, I really donā€™t know what could happened, all I read is probably too hot or too cold is the only think I read on this
Bought another batch Of eggs and 5/5 are growing. Will bleach all brooding equipment and use a tub and light instead of cloth brooder and plate heater to see if I can get these kids past 1 week.

Back
Top Bottom