Sexing Easter Eggers

kylie329

Hatching
Aug 20, 2018
I got these chickens from the feed store sometime around the beginning of April. They are supposed to all be female Easter Eggers, however the closest breed I can find to their coats is Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas.

They all pretty much have the same temperament, skittish and stick together. Their shading varies very slightly, some are a little darker than others, but overall they have the same feather pattern. I feel like if they were males they would look completely different.
IMG_2154.jpg
IMG_2148.jpg
IMG_2147.jpg
IMG_2144.jpg

Can anyone tell me if these are all pullets and what breed they are?

I got these chickens from the feed store sometime around the beginning of April. They are supposed to all be female Easter Eggers, however the closest breed I can find to their coats is Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas.

They all pretty much have the same temperament, skittish and stick together. Their shading varies very slightly, some are a little darker than others, but overall they have the same feather pattern. I feel like if they were males they would look completely different. View attachment 1510978View attachment 1510977 View attachment 1510976View attachment 1510975
Can anyone tell me if these are all pullets and what breed they are?

They are lovely Easter Eggers.

It would be unusual to find Ameraucanas at a feed store. Ameraucanas have a SOP (Standard of Perfection) , should breed true and can be shown. They cost much more than Easter Eggers and are normally bought from breeders.

I would ask the feed store where the chicks came from. :)

Back
Top Bottom