Sexing Eggs Experiment

Pointy eggs, round eggs, magnet on a string...

As Josh said, each guess is a 50-50 chance.

The next batch I'm going to hedge my bets... using the Ouija board.

My wife wanted to use the Magic 8 Ball, but it's not her turn to be in charge.

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

The theory is that males and females give off different electrical/magnetic energy. I have tried this on myself, family, and animals. It works. A circle for females and back and forth in a line for males.

I have tried this on my chicks and it is right about 90% of the time, there are some errors.

I won't vent sex as it can injure the chicks if done incorrectly or if they are fragile/bantam breeds. I have a duckling that ended up with a prolaspes phallus because it was vent sexed wrong.

Any way, this is just for fun. An experiment, to see what % will be right.

There are some hatcheries that sell pullets, most likely vent sexed, but you never know!!! They aren't going to give out all their secrets of the trade!

Remember, this is supposed to be fun!
ya.gif

I would think that the bator temp has more to do with the outcome of the sex of the chick...like with reptiles. I'd just be happy to be able to sex them at all before they get to be about 7-8 months & are crowing (or not!).

Quote:
Actually we do know. The have let cameras in to watch time an time again.

OK so here is a stupid question, when they shove the little chicks head against, it looks like a scanner, what are they doing???

Hi, my name is Shawn and I'm a skeptic...

That being said.. I have seen baby birds and other animals sexed by using a pendulum on a string, I know people who are water dowsers, and I have experienced or seen many things that defy rational scientific explanations..... my opinion on such things is this... if it causes no harm to anyone or anything involved and it works for some people.. more power to them...

I think you should "re-test" them when you candle and see if that changes anything.. I'll be watching this thread just out of curiousity... I may go try it on my 2 week old chicks just for fun too!!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom