Sexing help for our new, little flock. 2 months old - 4 breeds.

I am looking for some help with determining if we have any roos among our little flock. We purchased our 5 chicks from a local farm store, trying to get 5 hens. We were told the breeders had 85% accuracy in sexing, but no guarantees, so we're somewhat prepared for one or two maybe turning out to be roos. Our city ordinance does not allow roosters, so I would like to know sooner rather than later if we'll have to part with any of our sweet birds.

We have one Rhode Island Red, one Black Australorp, one Welsummer, and two Americaunas. I've tried to get comb and full body photos of all five.

I've done some looking here and elsewhere at what to look for, and am including my thoughts below.

The more bronze colored Ameraucana has almost no comb, but does seem to have the skinnier, less rounded tail feathers I've been told are a sign of a roo, has the drooping tail like a roo, and is also a little more assertive than the rest of the birds.

The more beige Ameraucana has a more pronounced comb, but none of the other traits.

The RIR has a bit of a red comb, and has also been fairly assertive since the first week.

The Welsummer has almost no comb, and rounded feathers, but has been rough housing a bit with the bronze Ameraucana.

The Black Australorp has a little bit of a comb, but rounded tail feathers, and is probably the most docile of our birds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I think all pullets:)

Four of them are pullets. Not 100% sure about the RIR though. My Millie Fluer at 5 weeks had a comb that was much more red and it turned out to be a girl. Good job playing it safe! You really can never know for sure until a rooster cocka-doodle-doos!
Beautiful chicks!

EDIT:

Somehow, I missed the part about them being 2 months old lol. In that case, they are definitely all pullets. Very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom