sexing lavender leghorn chicks

jfm5

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
hello, i have 4 lavender leghorn chicks at 6 weeks old i only want the hens only one of them i feel must be a cock the first pic. the other 3 look like the 2nd pic what to you think. not the beat pics i know thanks for any help

That pink/red on comb is a dead give away isn't it? Leghorns have huge combs and I think the hens get wattles a little earlier than other breeds too. Your dead on going by red larger comb being the cockerels.

Leghorn pullets have little to no comb until they get of laying age, looks like you got all boys with one being the dominant one(reddest comb) if they all got combs like that.
I have black leghorns that are about the same age if not older then yours and hens are pale with tiny combs and no wattles.

I am agreeing with your assessment. I think pic one is a boy and the ones that look like pic 2 are girls. What gorgeous birds! I love, love, love leghorns and had NO CLUE they come in lavender!

hello, sorry being so late in replying to your post only just got back from a 3 week holiday to the usa but i have just today taken a pic of my lavender leghorn now at 20 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom