sexing my new geese

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
Hi all,
I just got two geese about 2 1/2 weeks ago. All I know about them is that one is a

Pilgrim but don't know the breed of the one with angel wing. When I got them the grey one still had some down on the top of it's head and the woman told me they were still babies. They were given to her but she didn't know what breed they were outside the pilgrim. The white one, with angel wing, has a lot of grey on it's back end. When they run across the yard they are very loud with their honking other than that they make whispery noises. Any help would be appreciated as I am impatient to wait to next year to see who if any lay eggs. Thanks in advance

The one with angel wing looks like a male pilgrim. I'm not sure what the other one is though. Have you wrapped his wing? I know if it's left like that too long it could be permanent. If you search the goose forums for angel wing you can find out how to wrap his wing and what else can be done to treat it like giving him a lower protein food if that's what is causing it.... Beautiful birds and welcome! :)

This is one of my ganders for comparison...

Yes you are right the white one does look like your gander thanks. Geese were hatched by one woman then went to another before she gave them to me so angel-wing was well established before I got him but thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom