Sexing my Peafowl!

Do you have a side view of the White handy?
IMG_6961 (2).jpg

I don't know if this is what you wanted for my BS neck view, but I noticed some iridescence on the black spots when I was looking for it.
(I don't have a side view handy, but I'll go get one)
I also noticed that when I came back with the BS (after taking the pictures) my white's neck was puffed up.

View attachment 2776778
I don't know if this is what you wanted for my BS neck view, but I noticed some iridescence on the black spots when I was looking for it.
I also noticed that when I came back with the BS (after taking the pictures) my white's neck was puffed up.
I am going to say hen, the feathers do not have the tan points that normally indicate cock. Some hens, especially Spaulding hens, can be very dark.
IMG_0061.JPG

View attachment 2776778
IMG-5902 (2).jpg
IMG-5908 (2).jpg
IMG-5898.jpg

Hope these are ok, couldn't exactly get a super good side view.

The White is way too early to tell, I DNA every White we produce at a few weeks so I know what I can sell earlier. The BS I am prone to say hen but I am not 100% on that. Unfortunately, the area that would show more is just behind the neck where it meets the saddle.
IQ DNA Gender testing is in, The BS is a Peacock and the W is a Peahen!

Back
Top Bottom