Sexing of 5 week old chicks! Help!

Hi,

just checking in...who from your first lot ended up as girls and boys? Sitting with my 5 week old chicks pondering who’s what!

I’m so sad to report we lost many of them from an opossum getting in our coop and one had gotten sick! So extremely disappointing! 😢 But I’ll tell you the ones I either knew for sure before or still have. A few are still hard to tell.

1 - Rooster for sure! And he has been awesome!! So far, highly recommend Brahma roosters (pending puberty 😂)
2 - unknown
3 - pullet
4 - unknown but I think it was roo
5 - pullet
6 - unknown
7 - pretty certain pullet
8 - rooster for sure!!! He’s becoming so pretty!
9 - still on the fence with this one. I think she’s a pullet because no wattles but it’s still hard to tell
10 - pullet
11 - pullet
12 - unknown
13 - unknown
14 - I think this is a pullet, but still waiting!
15 - I think this is a pullet, but still waiting!
16 - still unsure, so hard with silkies!!!

But I can say, I think more turned out pullets than I thought would!

Last edited:
Nawwww I’m really sorry that you lost some :(

Thanks for replying though! Very interesting some with pink coming through at 5 weeks ended up pullets 🥳

I’m so sad to report we lost many of them from an opossum getting in our coop and one had gotten sick! So extremely disappointing! 😢 But I’ll tell you the ones I either knew for sure before or still have. A few are still hard to tell.

1 - Rooster for sure! And he has been awesome!! So far, highly recommend Brahma roosters (pending puberty 😂)
2 - unknown
3 - pullet
4 - unknown but I think it was roo
5 - pullet
6 - unknown
7 - pretty certain pullet
8 - rooster for sure!!! He’s becoming so pretty!
9 - still on the fence with this one. I think she’s a pullet because no wattles but it’s still hard to tell
10 - pullet
11 - pullet
12 - unknown
13 - unknown
14 - I think this is a pullet, but still waiting!
15 - I think this is a pullet, but still waiting!
16 - still unsure, so hard with silkies!!!

But I can say, I think more turned out pallets than I thought would!
With the unsures, it should be a lot easier for us to sex them now.
Any updated pictures?

And 10, 11, 14 and 15 (if I got the numbers correct) were guaranteed pullets...but fresh pictures of the ones you still have are welcome. I love to see how they turn out.

9 was the one I would change of my votes, looking back. Pretty sure that's a little pullet too.

Back
Top Bottom