sexually confused pekin

jamesk53

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
I have an androgynous pekin. It has a darker bill like a male, but it doesn't have a curled tail feather and it quacks like a female. I've read several places that the bill color is one of the most reliable methods of determining sex so I'm confused. I have several pekins all raised together and the bill color and tails are consistent with the rest. Anyone else seen conflicted signs of sex in pekins?

Do you have a pic? I go by the "quack" and wether they have the drake feather or not. I've never heard of sexing by the color of beak.

I'll upload some pics. You've never heard of the color of the bill as a sign of sex? of the 10 birds I raised, every other one with a darker color bill is a male and every one with a lighter is a female, this is the only duck that isn't consistent.

I'll upload some pics. You've never heard of the color of the bill as a sign of sex? of the 10 birds I raised, every other one with a darker color bill is a male and every one with a lighter is a female, this is the only duck that isn't consistent.

No sorry I haven't.

That's interesting. My Pekin ducks and drakes all had exactly the same color of orange bill. The SOP calls for the same color of bill on ducks and drakes for Pekin.

I wonder about the validity of your theory about bill color on Pekin..

Back
Top Bottom