Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I love that people are using the word "carrioca"! But just so you know, it's a Kichwa word -- one of the regional indigenous languages of Ecuador spoken by people of Inka descent or other indigenous people who were colonized by or intermingled with Inka people.

So if you use it with the 99.999999% of the people in the world that do not know Kichwa, they won't have a clue what you are talking about.

Other Kichwa words for chickens:

Patucha: short legged
Chirapa: frizzle

View attachment 3679737
Tina, a regal carrioca and excellent broody mum.

Thank you! I meant to tag you and appreciate the extra information.

I love words and language, but of course hadn't run across carrioca before your posts. It's a catchy word that popped effortlessly into my head while appraising poor Andre's fancy new neck 'do. Testament to how much of this thread bounces around my head during quiet time with the chickens.

Cheers to majestic Tina.

Miss Rizzle is laying now

1699565293868.png

About this here fermenting business.
There's stuff that Perris didn't mention in their No Sweat Wholesome home made feed article. For example, they didn't mention having to completely rearrange the kitchen to accomodate the fast accumulating bags of dried beans and peas and other stuff one may have thought interesting to put in the feed mix.
Perris also doesn't mention the amount of money spent on having the sudden urge to try out some grain and seed recipies, or get a pea mix and make a broth, and now I'm eating the same stuff as the chickens. :he:lol:
I've even bought bags of bean flour!

I love that people are using the word "carrioca"! But just so you know, it's a Kichwa word -- one of the regional indigenous languages of Ecuador spoken by people of Inka descent or other indigenous people who were colonized by or intermingled with Inka people.

So if you use it with the 99.999999% of the people in the world that do not know Kichwa, they won't have a clue what you are talking about.

Other Kichwa words for chickens:

Patucha: short legged
Chirapa: frizzle

View attachment 3679737
Tina, a regal carrioca and excellent broody mum.
Is carrioca pronounced sorta like Karaoke?
:pop

Back
Top Bottom