Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I must be an older generation than you. As a child I was never given antibiotics for anything. It didn’t seem to be ‘a thing’ then for healthy kids not in a hospital.
You got shots, and broken bones got a plaster cast, and the standard treatment for pretty much anything respiratory seemed to be Vicks Vaporub and hot lemon with honey.
I was also more-or-less free range. I don’t know if it was a safer time or whether lack of news media meant my parents were less well informed of the dangers of letting a ten year old go anywhere she wanted on her bicycle with the only requirement being to be back before dark!

Sounds like we came up about the same time.

If anything was wrong with us we visited the family (when I say family it is loosely as he was the only doctor) doctor in town.

His practice was treat the problem with his old fashion cures.

I still to this day use some of the cures.

Pictures from yesterday.
I seem to have caught some bug or other. Hopefully it won't knock me over and I'll still be able to go to the allotments.
View attachment 3075147View attachment 3075148
Henry demonstrating just how unbothered he is by my presence in the coop run. He couldn't even be bothered to pull his head oout from under his wing as I mediated some roosting disputes.
View attachment 3075149
Fret. She's going broody.View attachment 3075150View attachment 3075151

Take care of your self as the chickens need you as well as your family.

Agatha taking over the home

At least her swelling has gone down and her comb colour is coming back

20220423_091953.jpg

20220423_084607.jpg

These days it's all about making money for Big Pharm.
So true. Switch everyone from knowing how to grow & raise own food, become reliant on “convenience” miracle packaged food(chemicals). Diabetes/cancer/heart disease goes up. More $ for pharma. Instead of just telling people to get out in fresh air, keep moving, eat foods made from scratch with ingredients you can pronounce…🙄

So true. Switch everyone from knowing how to grow & raise own food, become reliant on “convenience” miracle packaged food(chemicals). Diabetes/cancer/heart disease goes up. More $ for pharma. Instead of just telling people to get out in fresh air, keep moving, eat foods made from scratch with ingredients you can pronounce…🙄
We will have to buy fresh air one day. Everything will have a price tag

Back
Top Bottom