Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Well, one week in and Skeksis Jr. appears to still be doing well. I introduced the baby to Skeksis outside of the coop, and she completely ignored it, preferring to nibble on some vegetation.

20220426_165852.jpg

These are beautiful pictures! You're definitely not as bad a photographer as you say.

Are you planning to add it to the existing coop structure ? If you take the old coop down before, I suppose that means it but must all be done during the same day so the chickens can roost at night ? Do you think you would be getting some help?

Yes, take care to get enough rest. When we got COVID we thought it was over after 48 hours but in fact everytime we started up some work we got tired really quickly, and this lasted for maybe 10 days. Try not to spread it at the allotments 😁.
The plan is to get the coop into the run and leave it in there open while I dismantle the old coop.
I'm not going to try and add it to the existing coop.
By the time I've rescued what I can from the old coop and dug the broody coop out of the mud the chicken should be used to the new one being there.
I'll be getting some help to get the coop into the run, but after that the rest will be down to me. That's good by me. I can go steady and the chickens won't get stressed.

We have a deal!:celebrate
There have it seems been consultations in my absence. None of those consulted supported the new shed proposition. All supported the new coop option. One has undertaken to supply a bag of layers pellets each month in exchange for whatever eggs I can spare each month.
I'm kind of in charge of chicken operations it seems.
I just knew I could get this sorted eventually.:fl

I'm going to order the coop next week. There will be some people power available from next week onwards.

We have a deal!:celebrate
There have it seems been consultations in my absence. None of those consulted supported the new shed proposition. All supported the new coop option. One has undertaken to supply a bag of layers pellets each month in exchange for whatever eggs I can spare each month.
I'm kind of in charge of chicken operations it seems.
I just knew I could get this sorted eventually.:fl

I'm going to order the coop next week. There will be some people power available from next week onwards.
Fantastic news!

Back
Top Bottom