Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I get her to drink a little by putting the hose with running water in the chicken zone but she won't drink from the water bowl.
We're trying to get her to survive through another three days of deworming in case she has trachea worms but my guess is something worse.
We started her on metacalm this morning, she's really struggling any handling so I won't try force feeding her.
I've had good responses to Metacam in the past. What's more, the chickens don't object to eating it.

6.30 to 9.00 today. They were all hungry to the tune of 1.4 kilos of feed.
We need a bit of rain to bring the bugs up to the surface. It's a bit dry for interesting forage despite my weeding where the weeds kept a bit of moisture in the ground.
P5091000.JPG
P5091003.JPG
P5091005.JPG

Great for dust bathing though.
P5091006.JPG
P5091008.JPG

I've had good responses to Metacam in the past. What's more, the chickens don't object to eating it.
We gave it in liquid form with a syringe. I'm not sure I will continue as it didn't seem to make the pain better and she hates it when we force her to open her beak. Since she doesn't eat anything at all it's the only way to get it in her.
6.30 to 9.00 today. They were all hungry to the tune of 1.4 kilos of feed.
We need a bit of rain to bring the bugs up to the surface. It's a bit dry for interesting forage despite my weeding where the weeds kept a bit of moisture in the ground.
View attachment 3099927View attachment 3099928View attachment 3099929
Great for dust bathing though.
View attachment 3099930View attachment 3099931
Brown and grey seem to mix more and more!
Have some of the hens escaped again ?

Back
Top Bottom