Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Seeing how this is your thread shad, I have a tax question. Do you only want Rooster photo's as tax payment or will hens and chicks work as well? Just curious as while I have roosters and have taken hundreds of photo's of them some people are not allowed boys. I feel bad for the poor rooster deprived peeps out there.

I take my camera with me to the allotments every day hoping to get a couple of decent picture and to help me keep a record of how things are going.
The record keeping part is working well; the decent picture, not so much.
These are a very small selection.
This shows quite well the result of beak clipping. This young hen isn't too bad and I've done a bit of work on her beak already.
PA150512.JPG

This gives some idea of the space available. I hope at some point to extend the coop run to the second where the gate thing is leaning on the post. This will put the trees in the coop run as well as provide a lot more space for the chickens in the hours of the day I'm not there to supervise them.
PA150523.JPG

The sun does shine in the UK from time to time despite what you may have heard.
PA170543.JPG

Henry.
PA200568.JPG

The area you can see is what would be enclosed in the new run.
PA210606.JPG

Seeing how this is your thread shad, I have a tax question. Do you only want Rooster photo's as tax payment or will hens and chicks work as well? Just curious as while I have roosters and have taken hundreds of photo's of them some people are not allowed boys. I feel bad for the poor rooster deprived peeps out there.
Well, as you write, not all people who want to keep chickens can keep roosters.
I would like to avoid the rampant sexism I read on other BYC threads so hens are permitted as tax but I think I will have to say two hens to make up for no rooster.:p
:D

Well, as you write, not all people who want to keep chickens can keep roosters.
I would like to avoid the rampant sexism I read on other BYC threads so hens are permitted as tax but I think I will have to say two hens to make up for no rooster.:p
:D
In that case I owe one hen’s worth of back taxes. Can I settle my account with two half-hens?

6D227A50-F8D2-4C01-947F-344641EF7B0D.jpeg

@Everose I do indeed have a wall of chicken photos.

View attachment 2912200
That's awesome😆
I don't have very many pics of the chickens, which probably seems horrible, I just rarely have my phone with me when I'm watching them.

My roo is on the calendar, that's the only picture of my chickens that has ever been printed, or hung in my house.
20210217180847_IMG_0429.JPG

Back
Top Bottom