Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Oh yeah! You're definitely all paid up. Love the names as well.
Meg in MT has a rooster called Cheap Shot. Just love that name as well.
My rooster seems to think he is an alarm clock. He crows every morning at around 4:30. When I was growing up, my family always used those windup Big Ben alarm clocks. I'm dating myself here. But he is named Big Ben after those little windup clocks, not after the big tower.

Big Ben's son followed me around peeping as a chick, so I named "her" Gabby because she had a lot to say. Gabby turned out to be a male, so now he's Gabriel. He still has a lot to say.

Last edited:
A short disclaimer.

I love hens but above all I love roosters. I don’t care much if they like me back. I’ll work with that.
I’ve looked after lots of roosters and I’ve never had to kill one because of how he behaved towards me.
I’ve been flogged, spurred, pecked, had all sorts of stuff done to my boots, hands and clothing, most of which isn’t to be discussed in refined company.:oops:
Ah yes, the boots. :lau

A short disclaimer.

I love hens but above all I love roosters. I don’t care much if they like me back. I’ll work with that.
I’ve looked after lots of roosters and I’ve never had to kill one because of how he behaved towards me.
I’ve been flogged, spurred, pecked, had all sorts of stuff done to my boots, hands and clothing, most of which isn’t to be discussed in refined company.:oops:
I too love my boy's just a smidge better then my girls, always have I can't help it. I want to thank you again a few weeks ago for your input on my Branch situation. I'm happy to report thankfully he's taken interest in the much larger cochin girls and one of my hens Creamy and has forgotten about my hand for over 2 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom