Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I would agree with you. It's definitely not hot. A couple are drinking more than normal but not enough of them to acount for the amount of poop like that and I think it's stress due to overcrowding.
I learned from Minnie that a crop issue can result in super liquid poo (in her case clear liquid). I think it is because she was drinking a lot in an effort to clear her crop.

I would agree with you. It's definitely not hot. A couple are drinking more than normal but not enough of them to acount for the amount of poop like that and I think it's stress due to overcrowding.
Excessive water intake usually hints to infections or/and kidney damage.

The feed they get during their stay at the laying batteries usually contains too much salt to stimulate the appetite and water intake necessary for the enormous egg output that these poor creatures are forced to produce.
Too much protein too and then adding the 24/7/365 light never allowing a good night's sleep...

None of those look great to me. There are couple that look reasonably solid but they should dry out, unless it's cecal, enough to pick up in one piece. The solid ones just disintegrate.
I assume that where you used to live in Spain was hotter and drier than where you now are in England. Could that be affecting what you expect chicken poop to be like? Even if the chickens were producing identical poop, it might be quite different after sitting out for a few hours in a different climate.

A lot of the poop in the photos does look like photographed poop from healthy chickens. (Of course, since you are there in person and the rest of us aren't, you are observing more detail than what we see in the pictures.)

I assume that where you used to live in Spain was hotter and drier than where you now are in England. Could that be affecting what you expect chicken poop to be like? Even if the chickens were producing identical poop, it might be quite different after sitting out for a few hours in a different climate.

A lot of the poop in the photos does look like photographed poop from healthy chickens. (Of course, since you are there in person and the rest of us aren't, you are observing more detail than what we see in the pictures.)
It could and what's more, I haven't seen enough poop here to work out what is normal for the climate and diet.

On the bright side I haven't seen any tapeworm segments, only one hen pooped the spotty type blood poop which suggest coccidiosis and she fine after treatment and while I thought a couple had gapeworm because their breath rattled a bit, one of those was Volt who had asciitis which also makes them weeze and the other had some straw stuck in one of her nostrils.

Ok, I'm going to show this one picture to poke a little fun at shad and then no more I promise. I also knew that a heavy tax evasion fine would be in order so I came prepared. This is what my daughter does every day when she lets Russ pick. She places Branch up on his back and lets him take a ride. He enjoys his time up there, but, we've tried and he does not like to be up their when the saddle is on and she's riding.
DSCN5775.JPG

Ok, here is tax fine fee's.
My I think 9 month old now Black Copper Marans Basil. He is one of 2 Drumstick sons I have left.
DSCN5781.JPG
DSCN5782.JPG
DSCN5784.JPG
DSCN5789.JPG
DSCN5791.JPG
DSCN5793.JPG

Here is Bubba in his full on teenage glory. He will be 6 months old on the 5th and is Basil's full brother.
DSCN5787.JPG

And finally we have Branch my silkie boy that was hatched with Bubba. I fully never intended to keep a silkie boy, but, when my favorite boy Drumstick passed Branch wormed his way into my heart. While a entirely different breed then the Marans which I love and are my favorite breed, Branch has many of the same mannerisms that made Drumstick so special.
DSCN5785.JPG

Ok, I'm going to show this one picture to poke a little fun at shad and then no more I promise. I also knew that a heavy tax evasion fine would be in order so I came prepared. This is what my daughter does every day when she lets Russ pick. She places Branch up on his back and lets him take a ride. He enjoys his time up there, but, we've tried and he does not like to be up their when the saddle is on and she's riding.
View attachment 2913493
Ok, here is tax fine fee's.
My I think 9 month old now Black Copper Marans Basil. He is one of 2 Drumstick sons I have left.
View attachment 2913498View attachment 2913499View attachment 2913502View attachment 2913504View attachment 2913506View attachment 2913507
Here is Bubba in his full on teenage glory. He will be 6 months old on the 5th and is Basil's full brother.
View attachment 2913509
And finally we have Branch my silkie boy that was hatched with Bubba. I fully never intended to keep a silkie boy, but, when my favorite boy Drumstick passed Branch wormed his way into my heart. While a entirely different breed then the Marans which I love and are my favorite breed, Branch has many of the same mannerisms that made Drumstick so special.
View attachment 2913519
You're cheating. You know how much I like marans.
You need to get that big chicken with the four legs to vet. That's all wrong!

You're cheating. You know how much I like marans.
You need to get that big chicken with the four legs to vet. That's all wrong!
I know you like Marans, that is why I paid my debt mostly with them. I also love my Marans, and as long as I have chickens will have at least a couple of them. I really hope some of my girls live as long as Fat Bird. I didn't get any solo pictures of the girls tonight, but in the almost 2 years that I've had them I have enough Marans pictures of all ages and genders stockpiled to pay for tax evasion for a horse photo a day for a year.

I know you like Marans, that is why I paid my debt mostly with them. I also love my Marans, and as long as I have chickens will have at least a couple of them. I really hope some of my girls live as long as Fat Bird. I didn't get any solo pictures of the girls tonight, but in the almost 2 years that I've had them I have enough Marans pictures of all ages and genders stockpiled to pay for tax evasion for a horse photo a day for a year.
Your barred!
I'm not having chickens bred so badly they've got four legs and TEETH ffs on my thread every day!:rant
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom