Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Is that an electric fence you have there in the first picture Dobie?
Yes. It encloses roughly 1/3 of an acre of my property. This is the chickens territory.
Aerial map.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. In encloses roughly 1/3 of an acre of my property. This is the chickens territory.
View attachment 2962336
I like it! I think I need to up my game on an electric fence. I ran a hot wire around the actual coop but haven't figured how to stop a fence getting over-grown. Looks like you have managed to create a 'no-grow' zone under the fence. Also I really like the look of that fence - mine is aggressively white and orange which makes the whole place look like a crime scene. Do you know what kind of fence that is called? I got mine at Premier I think and didn't see anything like that.

I like it! I think I need to up my game on an electric fence. I ran a hot wire around the actual coop but haven't figured how to stop a fence getting over-grown. Looks like you have managed to create a 'no-grow' zone under the fence. Also I really like the look of that fence - mine is aggressively white and orange which makes the whole place look like a crime scene. Do you know what kind of fence that is called? I got mine at Premier I think and didn't see anything like that.
I didn't want the white fence because I wanted it to blend a little better so I got the green one from Kencove. I bought three 164' rolls and enough extra poles to double the number that come with the fence.

Last edited:
@Shadrach
Tina has this black spots on her comb
When the other girls had similar I used vinegar then oil and this did the trick. But they are still there today :(

Would snyone have any suggestions?

View attachment 2962358
Those are just minor peck wounds. Any one of my flock members will have some.
Why can't they just give peace a chance?

I didn't want the white fence because I wanted it to blend a little better so I got the green one from Kencove. I bought three 164' rolls and enough extra poles to double the number that come with the fence.
Very helpful. I think I have my next project identified! Need to wait for the ground to thaw to get the posts in. Thanks.
The very chilly Roadrunners would thank you too if they weren’t so annoyed about the temperature this morning.
A073EB2E-B0EE-44CE-8BBE-B65F7771D014.jpeg

One of the bantams laid her first egg yesterday. Just a teeny bit bloody. Poor girl.
20220116_110653.jpg

I think it was Laserbeak, as I have seen Mr. Bumble mount her a few times in the past week. The three bantams have been together since the day they hatched, and he's never paid them any mind before (he's been in love with Skeksis since he first saw her).
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1641422237926_6884623858222271180.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom