Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

This guy has been getting to close to my birds the last few days. Beautiful bird, but I'd rather not see him so close to my birds. Red tailed hawk. Not my pic because I didn't have my phone when I saw him.
Internet_20220228_183410.jpeg

We’ve been going through cycles of sunny/cold, sunny/warm, blustery, snow, then sunny/cold again. Today was sunny/warm and we should (with any luck) have more snow by the end of the week. There’s been such horrible droughts I’m not complaining about any storms that come through, but the sunny/cold days are definitely not my favorite because it looks like it should be so much warmer. Ginger was checking out a nesting box when I went out this afternoon, and she squatted for me so I took advantage of the opportunity to do a quick pelvic exam. She’s not quite two fingers wide, so not laying yet but will be soon. She’s been making quite a racket lately too, which I’ve always associated with pullets getting close to laying. She and Goldilocks are a little past 20 weeks, as best I can figure, and I’m happy they haven’t been any faster to start laying.

Tax:

Attachments

• A08A1C1A-74C2-4646-8C82-3F95386C840B.jpeg
    A08A1C1A-74C2-4646-8C82-3F95386C840B.jpeg
    975.5 KB · Views: 3
  • D76BC4A6-24E9-441D-B618-6FDA05BAA3C7.jpeg
    D76BC4A6-24E9-441D-B618-6FDA05BAA3C7.jpeg
    771.8 KB · Views: 3
We’ve been going through cycles of sunny/cold, sunny/warm, blustery, snow, then sunny/cold again. Today was sunny/warm and we should (with any luck) have more snow by the end of the week. There’s been such horrible droughts I’m not complaining about any storms that come through, but the sunny/cold days are definitely not my favorite because it looks like it should be so much warmer. Ginger was checking out a nesting box when I went out this afternoon, and she squatted for me so I took advantage of the opportunity to do a quick pelvic exam. She’s not quite two fingers wide, so not laying yet but will be soon. She’s been making quite a racket lately too, which I’ve always associated with pullets getting close to laying. She and Goldilocks are a little past 20 weeks, as best I can figure, and I’m happy they haven’t been any faster to start laying.

Tax:
A bunch of my bantees at six months old, have just started laying. I'll have to pay my tax tomorrow.

One does what they have to do! Did you go down with the chainsaw later and cut the tree out of the driveway?
Chainsaw? I don't need no stinkin' chainsaw! I went down there and ripped it apart with bare hands 'n attitude! Graaaawwwr!

Er, actually, no, that's not quite accurate. Everybody and their dog has chainsaws around here. That tree didn't stand a pumpkin's chance in a chicken yard.

Back
Top Bottom