Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

What else does one do on ones birthday but go and celebrate with some chickens in the wet and cold!:rolleyes:
There was food in the feeder again today!
I had to hustle them in 15 minutes early because my eldest had booked a table for dinner.
P3020495.JPG
P3020496.JPG
P3020498.JPG
P3020499.JPG
P3020500.JPG
P3020502.JPG

What else does one do on ones birthday but go and celebrate with some chickens in the wet and cold!:rolleyes:
There was food in the feeder again today!
I had to hustle them in 15 minutes early because my eldest had booked a table for dinner.
View attachment 3011488View attachment 3011498View attachment 3011499View attachment 3011500View attachment 3011501View attachment 3011502
Enjoy your birthday dinner. I was into a lot of foolishness as a young man so I consider these years a bonus. Happy birthday and best wishes for several more Shad.

Enjoy your birthday dinner. I was into a lot of foolishness as a young man so I consider these years a bonus. Happy birthday and best wishes for several more Shad.
As my youngest pointed out, I'm not like a decent Scotch that gets better with age...I'm still thinking about this one...:oops:

When I was in Alaska, I got to see bald eagles in the trees along the waters edge.
DW sees them in the Missisquoi reserve on her 6 days a week work commute.

I'm not saying it was right but when you grow up in a holler in eastern Ky your access to medical care was very limited.
Probably need some of Granny Clampett's tonic, cures anything! ;)

The cats have been treated 10 days ago so they are probably not the culprit.
Actually, they are. Chickens don't get fleas. You treated the cats, that kills the fleas that are ON them. It doesn't kill any fleas in the house nor, more importantly, the eggs they have laid. You need to "bomb" the house - twice. Once to kill the live fleas then again after the eggs have hatched to kill the next generation. Then you will be flea free .... until the cats bring in more.

Back
Top Bottom