Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

tax for phone trash: Chirk imprinting on his new flock members (apologies for the dark, it was not long after dawn and overcast) View attachment 3176721
Great shot. So many chicken keepers never see this and sometimes if they do, they think the rooster is going to hurt the chicks.

100 per week???
Easy. 19 hens.
Todays. 2 left in a nest box.
P7071410.JPG

Sold my first bag of chicken shite compost today. I've been hacking it out of the coop run. It's ten inches thick in places! I happened to mention I was hacking it out to one of the allotment holders and they bit my hand off. Filled a 20Kg feed bag and off they went home with it. They want another for their plot this weekend. Apparently good compost is hard to get.

Sunny today.

P7071407.JPG
P7071408.JPG

Ex Batts good evening one and all!

82 and sunny with humidity 65 % and it feels like 92.

I give a lot of my eggs to charities.

I give to the Bread of Life, Rodeheaver's Boys Ranch, The Lee Conley House, plus many more.

Last month I sent 22 dozen to the ranch.

I sell my eggs for $3.00 a dozen.

I will probably have to raise my price this year.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
I honestly get about the same I fill egg cartons if I get too many I take the extra to our food bank .. Cut cartons in half so they can hand out more to folks.
Unfortunatley one of my customers dropped dead this week. He used to take a dozen a week. I've spoken to all the new plot holders suggesting they buy their eggs from me in future. Given I'm there every evening they've sounded interested. C has tried this in the past, but it meant catching C at the allotments or at home and C isn't at either place except before going to work so the uptake was poor.

Back
Top Bottom