Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

exactly. I am sick of 'news' items that consist of various industry spokespeople saying we need to get in workers from abroad. No we don't; what we need is for them to pay a wage that will attract people to perform the work they want done, instead of expecting the taxpayer to subsidise their wage bill.
PS that's a really bum turn with your buses. I'm sure the chickens will forgive you though.
What reallly annoys me is they have these elctronic information display units at most major bus stops now. It tells you the current time, bus number etc and when it's due. As the buses arrive the display moves down the list. As the bus progresses along it's tracked and the information display updates.
What's happening is the dispaly shows the bus and then the bus just disappears off the display; vanished! After a couple of these a notice comes up saying "please refer to timetables" :lol:
I want to know what happened to these buses that disappear. Did they get taken by aliens? I mean it's not like a bus is a small thing to hide. What's happening, I think, is drivers come to the end of their shift and there is no one to replace them. It's happened to me a few times. You have to get off that bus and wait for the next.:barnie

What reallly annoys me is they have these elctronic information display units at most major bus stops now. It tells you the current time, bus number etc and when it's due. As the buses arrive the display moves down the list. As the bus progresses along it's tracked and the information display updates.
What's happening is the dispaly shows the bus and then the bus just disappears off the display; vanished! After a couple of these a notice comes up saying "please refer to timetables" :lol:
I want to know what happened to these buses that disappear. Did they get taken by aliens? I mean it's not like a bus is a small thing to hide. What's happening, I think, is drivers come to the end of their shift and there is no one to replace them. It's happened to me a few times. You have to get off that bus and wait for the next.:barnie
How frustrating that they even show the damn bus in the first place.

They shouldn't even display a bus until it's started its route.

So disrespectful of passengers.

Some progress on Skeksis's feather growth.
20220817_114424.jpg

I could tell the bus and train companies how to sort these problems out in one short sentance. Pay your staff decent wages
I appreciate this being partner to a bus driver. But I must say that when we were in Nice the bus drivers there had incredible wages and working conditions (compared to other bus drivers, it's still a job that has some difficulties) and they still worked terribly bad, worse than in all the cities in France I've lived in. I think there need also be a notion of public service or at least having some regards for users for it to work. If the people running the thing don't care at all, it makes it difficult for the drivers to care.
What I have learned in this past year is never keep chickens confined to a coop and run. I've had this view for many years but never had the experience of such an arrangement until recently to fully appreciate the stupidity of the model.
My chickens totally agree with you. Today, for the first time in months, I locked them up in their coop and run from morning till 5pm when we came home. When we freed them finally, Théo attacked my partner's ankle and the ex-batts informed me they had held a no confidence vote and I was allowed to resign 🤣.

More rain today. :weeTemperatures much more like average for the time of year.
More crap with transport. Much like average under a Tory goverment.:he
I'm begining to understand why what seems to me to be an adequate if not generous income is seen as not enough money.
I went out to the city a couple of times over the past few days with friends. Lets go for a coffee they suggested. We had drunk coffee at my house a couple of hours earlier at my house. I went along with suggestion mainly out of politeness.
I suggested they left the car at my flat and got a bus into town, a five minute ride costing me nothing and them a couple of pounds. Nope, they wanted to take the car.
Got to the coffee bar which apparently was new and had received good reports. The others decided they wanted something to eat. I had breakfast and a light lunch earlier, but under pressure I opted for a piece of cake.
There were four of us. We were out for around four hours.
Parking £18.00
Cafe bill £ 53.00
Bottles of water and an ice cream £37.00
Total £108.00
:eek::th
I can eat close to two weeks on that amount.
What makes it even worse is the coffee was crap. The cake I had was crap as well. The ice cream was okayish.

Henry and his comb.
P8171752.JPG

P8171764.JPG
P8171750.JPG
P8171762.JPG

15 in again tonight.
P8171765.JPG

P8171753.JPG
P8171749.JPG
P8171758.JPG

So i was watching skeksis chase a grasshopper. The bug kept jumping over her and she kept turning around after it. She is not exactly the most graceful bird, so it was quite amusing. It ended up landing in the bare spot on her back, and she lost track of it. She looked around for a few seconds, then gave up and went back to foraging on weeds. I saw the grasshopper just hanging out and was laughing my behind off. After a minute or so, she realized it was on her and she ate it. Really wish i had gotten it all on video.

Back
Top Bottom