Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Day off today instead of tomorrow. Family birthday dinner out.
One of my all time favourite pictures.
P7151628.JPG

I'd bet on a nest out there somewhere, you'll have to spend time waiting for her to head out to it so you can find it later.
This crossed my mind too. So Thursday I spend some time outside watching where this black hen was heading.
1 asap to the fallen grapes.
2 searching bugs and seeds in the grass.
3 coming to me to see if I had anything yummie.
4 going back to the grass for more bugs and seeds.
She didn’t go anywhere for at least 30 minutes. I gave up. / I had to go in yo make dinner.

She is always later to return to the nest. And tends to go further away too. So perhaps there’s no hidden nest.

I'm in N FL - not to minimize your concerns, but the models are almost never correct, 3-4 days out. Wherever it goes, we are all getting wet. The question is only whether we are getting summer storm winds, or hurricane force?

Pack your ice box, pack the voids with frozen water - you know the routine.

I live in north Florida as well in Hollister just outside Palatka.

Where do you live in North Florida?

I live in north Florida as well in Hollister just outside Palatka.

Where do you live in North Florida?
Odd, I've always thought of Palatka as Central FL. In any event, I'm now north of half way between Tallahassee and Pensacola, spitting distance from the Alabama border. and that's as specific as i choose to be.

I'd bet on a nest out there somewhere, you'll have to spend time waiting for her to head out to it so you can find it later.

Very informative, thank you. Is methionine available as a supplement?

Someone I am acquainted with on a different social media platform is a power company line worker. His crew is going to central Florida today to wait. They will head to any outages if/when the occur.

Tax and why I’m interested in the methionine. Won’t be any 70g eggs from Arcadia any time soon

I have several chickens with the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom