Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

... And then slaughtering it for food will become difficult. For me it becomes impossible. And it also becomes difficult to support the commercial meat production.
Yes.. I got chickens because I didn't like the way they were raised. I thought I could raise them like real chickens for less than $6 eggs and a lb meat..... :gig :lau

I also thought since I hunted the dispatch wouldn't be that emotionally difficult..... Wrong again. I have to have way more than I need so I don't get so attached. I sell the extra pullets that the brodies hatch

I tried that and got bounced back. It seems that those in power are determined to make me as grey and miserable as they are. Piss ridden little island.:barnie
So far (up here in Scotland); we've lost our greenhouse, shed, wood shed, slates and need to stake the runnerbeans due to wind, but thankfully we built the chicken coop behind the house. :yesss:

Uppsala's been laying here (compost-filled planter in a quiet corner) for a while, but I finally got a photo of it; she looks really relaxed resting her little chin like this :love
Uppsala's secret nest.JPG

Actually, that can't be it. That would be why there might be a difference in the margin of difference from the label. Not why the amount on the label is different. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.
My organic feed doesn’t contain soy at all. Probably too expensive to grow soy without the help of Monsanto/Bayer. They put more peas in it for proteins.

Most soy products and especially Edamame beans for human consumption are expensive.

Well, it seems silkies and EE are rarer here than in the US , I've never seen either in fact 🙂.
EE is not a real breed. They are Auracana mixes with other breeds. I have seen Auracana without tail for sale at poultry shops and on a online market place.

Silkies are even more common in the NL. A friend of mine had the large ones for a few years. I could have bought some small ones once , from a breeder who had all kind of chicks (most bantams). I don’t like their fluffy poofy hats that make them vulnerable for predators and choose Dutch.

Rabbit tax (public farm/ petting zoo).
They can’t have chickens anymore bc of the HPAI if they want to open up for public.
10211364-DD51-410C-AE2B-833BF986BDAB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom