Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

What is the origin of the word Fey?

Fey comes from the Old English word fǣge, or literally “fated to die soon,” which refers to that odd good mood a person is in right before they die.

What does word Fey mean?

fey • \FAY\ • adjective. 1 : marked by a foreboding of death or calamity 2 a : marked by an otherworldly air or attitude b : crazy, touched 3 a : excessively refined : precious b : quaintly unconventional : campy.

And lots of other meanings, the more I looked.

Not to be confused with "fay."

The stuff you learn when you read about chickens!

What is the origin of the word Fey?

Fey comes from the Old English word fǣge, or literally “fated to die soon,” which refers to that odd good mood a person is in right before they die.

What does word Fey mean?

fey • \FAY\ • adjective. 1 : marked by a foreboding of death or calamity 2 a : marked by an otherworldly air or attitude b : crazy, touched 3 a : excessively refined : precious b : quaintly unconventional : campy.

And lots of other meanings, the more I looked.

Not to be confused with "fay."

The stuff you learn when you read about chickens!
It's one of those words whose common use meaning varies by region.

otherworldly air or attitude b : crazy, touched 3 a : excessively refined : precious b : quaintly unconventional : campy.
I think the above is more the meaning of Perris's usage.

You have it. What I was trying to indicate was, as it happens, what came up at the top of the page in my browser just now, from the American Heritage dictionary

fey

fā​

adjective​

1. Overrefined, exaggerated, or affected.
  2. Effeminate.
  3. Having or displaying an otherworldly, magical, or fairylike aspect or quality.
From The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition

Having growing stuff on the outside would seem to have it's advantages.
I'm guessing their access to the rest of the allotments will be more curtailed if people are back growing...? Nothing chickens like more than freshly tilled earth :p - and they don't know it's just been planted, or prepared for planting :barnie But your great observation about the fence means you can plant chicken-fav things outside next to the fence, so the chickens can forage them, while not being able to eat them to destruction - win : win :D
Anyway, they stopped at the mesh.
the mini gabion worked a treat :clap

I was looking on google to identify the poop I found on top of the coop .
Is it from a marter or another species?.

Look were it brought me: :lau:idunno

581.jpg

The poop with next to it 2 bantam eggs (about 35 - 40 grams).
4BB7EDCE-5825-4F63-B61C-918B6A86D61F.jpeg

Anyone an idea were this poo comes from?

Ps: weasel poop:
1679928173548.jpeg

Stone marten:
steenmarter-uitwerpselen.jpg

Last edited:
Oh that is not good!

She keeps getting egg bound and laying these huge eggs. Biggest so far is 88g.
I am hoping it is something she grows out of. I made a post on BYC for any insight on the issue and whether I should consider a hormone implant but I don’t have any responses.
Zorra laid some huge ones (largest 115g) for a while when she was young but cut back to normal for her size. Hopefully your girl will do the same.

Back
Top Bottom