Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

View attachment 3522006
Oh wait. I had one of the bottom but not the top.
The Empress was distracting me. I let her in. She still has jelly on her from her failed attempt to eat my PB&J sandwich. She also is wondering why I drink mud in the morning (tea).
View attachment 3522007
Hmm, well, that looks pretty well established. Start soaking the feet every day in warm water with Epsom salts. As warm as she can take it, but not hot. If she starts panting with her beak open, the water is too hot. After 3-4 days of soaking see if the scab starts to soften.

Hmm, well, that looks pretty well established. Start soaking the feet every day in warm water with Epsom salts. As warm as she can take it, but not hot. If she starts panting with her beak open, the water is too hot. After 3-4 days of soaking see if the scab starts to soften.
They are all getting the treatment as they seem to have it to some degree.
I will pass the beak thing onto those who are helping soak.
With Abigail it is impossible to tell. She pants all day long. I think she may need a fan.
I'm hoping that we can get it off easily.
Forgot, but: is the jelly well established as well?

I don't think any living thing likes those.
And someone needs to have a word with my chooks. The light in my room does NOT turn off unless I am out of it. They think it is another coop for them.
Maybe you ought to start with potting training. 😜

Mine did try to take over the washing room a few times, but I find it too unhygienic to have them inside the house.

Back
Top Bottom