Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Would one/some of you look at this article and let me know if all the pictures are showing for you please. BDutch writes that the pictures aren't there for them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/flat-pack-coop-takedown-and-appraisal.78406/
Screenshot_20230531-120633.png

I get this when my internet is slow

It was veritably crowded at the allotments this afternoon. The sun shone. The temerature was around 17C and the wind light. I counted eight people at the height of the spring planting frenzy. Yup, I know I'm taking the piss a little but having been at the allotments day in day out in weather conditions most people only dash to their cars in and then dash back into the comfort of their centrally heated homes, I feel I have a right to be somewhat caustic when the "we're so country" brigade show up.

Much to the surprise of some, I let the chickens onto the allotment. They were very well behaved and mostly stuck close to me and on my plot and the compost heap. There was a moment when one of the people came to get some compost while Henry was standing guard by the hens who were busy turning the edges of the heap over, where the person stopped a few metres away with their wheelbarrow looking very uncertain about how to go about circumnavigating Henry. I was kind. I went and ushered Henry out of the way.
Lots of curious glances at the nutter and the chickens digging side by side on my plot. I got asked if they ever pecked me as I pulled the weeds from the ground right in front of the their beaks.

View attachment 3489476View attachment 3489478View attachment 3489480

Caught her! Fret helping herself to the raspberry buds.View attachment 3489477
Fret when I shouted at her to desist.
View attachment 3489479

A good day was had by all, except for the bugs I suppose.
View attachment 3489475
You didn’t say whether you get pecked or not :love Mad chicken disease?

Back
Top Bottom