Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

what sort of netting are you using there to keep the chooks off your baby veggies?
The background suggests a few plot holders are not tending their patches - or were they doing their bit for rewilding, or even No Mow May perhaps? :lol:

Happy birthday Amadeo and Dyffryn: 1 year old today, and looking good! 🎂:celebrate
View attachment 3528314
View attachment 3528315
It's some netting I got given by another plot holder. As far as I know it's just standard bird netting. It's only there to give the young plants a chance to get established and keep the chickens from eating the young spinach plants.

What you can see in the background is the orchard. I have managed to pursuade C not to cut the grass, or try to make the place tidy, partly out of conviction and partly out of the pleas by the environmentalists not to cut until much later in the year if at all.

Lyrics

Off our rockers, actin' crazy
With the right medication we won't be lazy
Doin' the old folks boogie
Down on the farm
Wheelchairs, they was locked arm in arm
Paired off pacemakers with matchin' alarms
Gives us jus' one more chance
To spin one more yarn
And you know that you're over the hill
When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill
Doin' the old folks boogie
And boogie we will
'Cause to us the thought's as good as a thrill
Back at the home,
No time is your own,
Facillities there, they're all out on loan
The bank forclose, and your bankruptcy shows
And your credit creeps to an all-time low
So you know, that you're over the hill
Try and get a rise from an atrophied muscle,
And the nerves in your thigh just quivers and fizzles
So you know, that you're over the hill
I love this! A good laugh, while knowing it’s true 😂❣️

Footie and nettle tax: Amadeo coming down out of the holm oak
P1120383 small.jpg
Wow!

. I have managed to pursuade C not to cut the grass, or try to make the place tidy, partly out of conviction and partly out of the pleas by the environmentalists not to cut until much later in the year if at all.
I have this problem with my neighbor mowing my grass. I keep telling him to stay on his side but he has to mow 20 ft or more. He's 12 yrs or so older than me but still working..... I have gone ballistic on him and he'll remember for a couple years. Just talked with him a month ago. I compromised that mowing around the trees on the property line was ok....of course 2 wks later he mowed up against the poultry netting and another 20ft farther in a section I was leaving for pasture rotation.
I'm grateful he didn't hit the e net. He has mowed up a couple hundred ft of water hose, he mows about an inch scalping the dirt....he also backed into a solar light I had in a flower bed on the opposite side of the sidewalk... he's also chipped the sidewalk where it joints the driveway.....oh I could rant for pages about mowing issues.lol
The good thing about him is he doesn't complain about my birds, doesn't have kids, doesn't have parties.
So outside of the mowing stuff he's a great neighbor 😂

glad you can laugh about his mowing - and see the counterbalancing pluses of having him as a neighbour :D
Well I didn't mow most of May, and now we're in a drought. So it does look rather messy.

KIMG0701_01.JPG

Tree to the right of the house is property line

KIMG0699_02.JPG

Looking towards the house. Right Evergreen is about 6 ft in my property.

I'm standing in what was going to be pasture when it went to seed.

I get grass clippings from my cousin and she hasn't had enough to sweep up for me. I use it for bedding and in the garden for weed suppression. So this year I need all the grass I grow. He's never come over this far.

Attachments

• KIMG0700_01.JPG
    KIMG0700_01.JPG
    737.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom