Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

oh my, thank you! I can't help but feel like it's going to be fun trying to crack a hole in an egg this small...I'll update tomorrow I guess when I'll be covered in egg bits:p
Start with a straight pin, makes a smaller hole and less likely to crack the egg than using a larger object.

You don't need to blow it out. I have saved cockatiel and budgie eggs by just leaving them in open air and they dry out. I haven't tried that with chicken eggs though. I have done the blowing out thing, some worked ,and I broke a few.
This too. Last summer I saved an egg, waiting for it to go bad so I could give it to the egg eater and MAYBE break her of her bad habit. She's alone in a stall next to the coop stall.

Well, I never got around to it and just picked it up. It is substantially light for an egg that originally weighed about 64 grams, now 32. Not sure how much the shell weighs. Just slowly desiccates I guess.

The trampoline is the only way I've found to protect him outdoors here
Better coop and run that a lot of backyard chickens have :D

My sister and her husband were both sick with flu like symptoms when they arrived.
:mad:

I feel the vaccine was put out so fast they didn't have time to test it appropriately.
Do you suppose that 100s of millions (thousands of millions if you count everyone outside the USA) of people being vaccinated, many multiple times, in the last 1.5 years is sufficiently tested?

I have no picture tax but a few words. Zeus is getting a bit less afraid of me. He was on the half wall between the feed "room" and the barn alley this morning. I talked to him as I walked by to get the morning rations for the girls. I dropped a few black oil sunflower seeds on the wall a couple of feet from him (without looking at him) on my way outside with the feed. He stayed and ate them. He's been out with the girls between the barns (about a 15 foot (5 meter) alley) in the afternoons. But he still runs from them if they get wound up or see he has food they want and come running.

I love Test Cricket and the Barmy Army! It gets so intense. I don't mind the limited over cricket but prefer test. I am actually pretty sport mad..Rugby (egg chasing.), Football ⚽, Ice Hockey and Baseball (because I have supported the same club since I was a child and can't help myself..). NFL (American Football), is boring to me, too much stop start and advert breaks. We do not really watch any other television.

The NFL is very boring.

Watch the college football for some interesting football.

Most people think That everything is over with the Covid.

What they don't realize is that Covid is here to stay.

I was against taking the vaccine.

I wore a mask everywhere I went and I'm still wearing my mask.

My husband did take the vaccine along with the boosters and said he will take the booster they are talking now.

He has been sick for several years and feels with his immunity not being good that he needed it.

I feel the vaccine was put out so fast they didn't have time to test it appropriately.

Wear your mask everywhere you go, I do.

Take care of yourself as no one will take care of you.
Today I went to get a shingle shot at grocery/ pharmacy and cashiers were wearing masks.

I have a picture somewhere of Skeksis on my lap. I was sitting outside reading a magazine, and she jumped up to see what was going on. My wife snapped the pic because she said it looked like i was reading to her.
Butchie would perch on my chair behind me while I was typing on a keypad and "type" with her beak. She looked very serious about it too.

Do you suppose that 100s of millions (thousands of millions if you count everyone outside the USA) of people being vaccinated, many multiple times, in the last 1.5 years is sufficiently tested?

When the vaccine was first introduced I felt it was not tested sufficiently.

I'm sure it has been tested enough with the statement you provided.

According to my profession I do not condone that kind of testing.

I still would not take the vaccine.

Having had a read around the new strains, Pirola and BA.2.86 mutations being the ones they are most concerned about, it seems they really don’t yet know what exactly they are going to be dealing with. Is it able to evade antibodies, is it really infectious & how much protection do we get from infection? You could always wait & see how it all pans out as you probably do have increased protection.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/16/nhs-uk-prepared-covid-winter-pirola-variant
Now we no longer have the ONS (Office for National Statistics) independently crunching the numbers or have any really comprehensive surveillance it’s getting very difficult to predict so it seems to me it’s a case of take your best guess for all of us
I think the government is short of money again and pretending that Covid has "gone away" (Does anyone remember which of the many halfwits we have had in power said as much) should wipe out another batch of pensioners, which apparently are a huge drain on the government resources.:p

Right. Going through the infection protects you afterwards just as wel as a booster. Here they advice to wait 3 months for a booster.
Found a video from the gov. Health department. Where they claim that having both protects best because it works differently.

How do you feel today Shad?
I'm still standing.:old:wee

Back
Top Bottom