Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I may have made a wardrobe error. I have this wool submariners roll neck jumper. It's Merino wool and very comfortable and while not quite as warm as the equivelant high tech thermal type clothing it has breathability and good themal properties when damp. I highly recommend them. Nice warm neck and hardly any draft. It just feels comfortable.
I have a bunch of light and medium weight Merino wool undershirts from a company called Merino Tech. Great product.

That she is, I see her gaining confidence in the brooding process.

One of the usually gentle Dominiques got too close to the chicks yesterday...
Okay. This made my day at work! I played it for the non-chicken experienced ladies and they were utterly shocked. One jumped at the point of strike🤣. One said "You hear about mama bears, but who would have imagined a chicken would be that scary!" 😂

I use woollen blanket on the bed in winter. It's lovely.
so do my strawberries :D They seem to like it too :p
DSC04331.JPG

I had to wear a woollen shirt in winter as a kid. Probably not merino.
It was so itchy that I hated to wear it. Other woollen clothes itched too. I begged my mother not to have to wear wool. She wouldn’t listen at first and I developed a allergy. All wool I have ever tried feels itchy and gives me a rash after a while (except cashmere).

Since I buy my own clothes I alway feel the fabrics with my cheek before I buy and/or check the labels. Once I forgot and I couldn’t return the item because I bought it in a sale. I really couldn’t wear it and gave away this beautiful new cardigan to charity.

On my bed is a geese/duck down to keep me warm.

Geese tax
IMG_4405.jpeg

I had to wear a woollen shirt in winter as a kid. Probably not merino.
It was so itchy that I hated to wear it. Other woollen clothes itched too. I begged my mother not to have to wear wool. She wouldn’t listen at first and I developed a allergy. All wool I have ever tried feels itchy and gives me a rash after a while (except cashmere).

Since I buy my own clothes I alway feel the fabrics with my cheek before I buy and/or check the labels. Once I forgot and I couldn’t return the item because I bought it in a sale. I really couldn’t wear it and gave away this beautiful new cardigan to charity.

On my bed is a geese/duck down to keep me warm.

Geese tax
View attachment 3805595
I recently had an online purchase that was $25 for shipping but there was no charge for shipping if I spent $10 more. So I looked at what they had on sale and the best value item for $10 was a pair of jeans, very not my size, but I bought them anyway, got free shipping, and donated the brand new jeans. Someone will appreciate them.

Tax!

IMG_2022-11-07-17-35-49-437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom