Shadrach's Lamps

Pics
A very special package arrived for me in the middle of last week but with insanity at work I have only just now managed to fully unpack and take photos.
Thank you @Shadrach for Marble, Mandolin and Wax. I love all of them - they are all stunning in their own way both to look at and to handle (they call out to be touched). You are a very talented man and I feel honored to own a few of your pieces.
I haven't put them in their permanent homes yet but this part of the kitchen has interesting lighting and was easiest for a photo shoot.

View attachment 2360189View attachment 2360190View attachment 2360191View attachment 2360192View attachment 2360193View attachment 2360194
Oooh, congratulations on your acquisitions RC. I was admiring the making of these pieces, they are gorgeous. ❤

A very special package arrived for me in the middle of last week but with insanity at work I have only just now managed to fully unpack and take photos.
Thank you @Shadrach for Marble, Mandolin and Wax. I love all of them - they are all stunning in their own way both to look at and to handle (they call out to be touched). You are a very talented man and I feel honored to own a few of your pieces.
I haven't put them in their permanent homes yet but this part of the kitchen has interesting lighting and was easiest for a photo shoot.

View attachment 2360189View attachment 2360190View attachment 2360191View attachment 2360192View attachment 2360193View attachment 2360194
Beautiful!

They are simply amazing! I never cease to be stunned by the beauty of his work. Amazing Shadrach!

Thank you for having faith in the work and faith in believing I would get them to you; not to mention being prepared to pay for my efforts and the kind words above.
I hope you find the right spot for them and they give you years of pleasure.
Tbh, I was reluctant to let Marble and Wax go. Wax tended to get overshadowed at fairs by the more elaborate pieces. There is something about the grain that I haven't found in any other piece of wood yet.

Congratulations on your purchase of such beautiful pieces by @ Shadrach .They are just beauty beyond words 😍😍

Thank you for having faith in the work and faith in believing I would get them to you; not to mention being prepared to pay for my efforts and the kind words above.
I hope you find the right spot for them and they give you years of pleasure.
Tbh, I was reluctant to let Marble and Wax go. Wax tended to get overshadowed at fairs by the more elaborate pieces. There is something about the grain that I haven't found in any other piece of wood yet.
As you know I chose Wax a long time ago before Mandolin and Marble were started and I had sort of forgotten about it - but the moment I unpacked (and yes thank you for the vast quantity of Spanish language newspaper which will add to the class of my compost bucket for some time!) I remembered why I loved it. Wax is truly stunning and won't be overshadowed when I settle on its home.

It's been a while since I posted here. I had to stop working for a while. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left wrist made any sort of woodworking too painfull.
I'm still waitng for the operation but I've made a few items very slowly over the past couple of months.
This is a pair I made for two bedside tables for someone. They wanted something reasonably cheap and not too fancy. Both are made from strawberry tree wood withoak bases.
Flat 1.
P1270177.JPG
P1270178.JPG
P1270179.JPG
P1270180.JPG
P1270181.JPG

Flat 2.
P1270182.JPG

P1270183.JPG

P1270184.JPG

P1270185.JPG

P1270186.JPG