Shaky leg, calcium deficiency?

JoTing

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2019
Hi All,

I have 3 runner ducks now (5 weeks old). One has a very shaky leg for last two weeks, will stop if it repositions it’s self but generally starts shaking again. It. doesn’t have an issue walking, running etc other than the shake when standing. I’ve been giving it brewers yeast since I had it at at 2 weeks and given it extra nutritional yeast incase it was niocin deficiency and it needed a bigger dose. There’s been no improvement, I read today that it could be calcium deficiency? Anyone experienced the same and had success treating it?

thanks x

Usually shaky leg mean niacin def. I'd try the liquid B complex we have had great results using it along with the Nutritional yeast. 1
IMG_2710.JPG
ml of liquid B complex over a tasty treat like meal worms. Per duckling and 1 Tablespoon of NY over each cup of feed. The liquid B complex usually clears it up in less than a week. All ducklings can benefit from it. Giving calcium can cause other health issues that's why we don't feed layer to non laying ducklings. TSC has the best liquid Bcomplex in the cattle dept most likely and it will say injectable but we give it orally for our ducklings. This is the brand you want.

Hi All,

I have 3 runner ducks now (5 weeks old). One has a very shaky leg for last two weeks, will stop if it repositions it’s self but generally starts shaking again. It. doesn’t have an issue walking, running etc other than the shake when standing. I’ve been giving it brewers yeast since I had it at at 2 weeks and given it extra nutritional yeast incase it was niocin deficiency and it needed a bigger dose. There’s been no improvement, I read today that it could be calcium deficiency? Anyone experienced the same and had success treating it?

thanks x
Oh yes, many times and I have runners too. @Miss Lydia is 100% right. Do what she says and it will stop soon.

Usually shaky leg mean niacin def. I'd try the liquid B complex we have had great results using it along with the Nutritional yeast. 1View attachment 1954367 ml of liquid B complex over a tasty treat like meal worms. Per duckling and 1 Tablespoon of NY over each cup of feed. The liquid B complex usually clears it up in less than a week. All ducklings can benefit from it. Giving calcium can cause other health issues that's why we don't feed layer to non laying ducklings. TSC has the best liquid Bcomplex in the cattle dept most likely and it will say injectable but we give it orally for our ducklings. This is the brand you want.
Thanks for your advice. Is it possible to give too much niocin, I’ve given all three
Usually shaky leg mean niacin def. I'd try the liquid B complex we have had great results using it along with the Nutritional yeast. 1View attachment 1954367 ml of liquid B complex over a tasty treat like meal worms. Per duckling and 1 Tablespoon of NY over each cup of feed. The liquid B complex usually clears it up in less than a week. All ducklings can benefit from it. Giving calcium can cause other health issues that's why we don't feed layer to non laying ducklings. TSC has the best liquid Bcomplex in the cattle dept most likely and it will say injectable but we give it orally for our ducklings. This is the brand you want.
Thank you for your advice, we’ll try that. Thought after 2 weeks of nutritional yeast (a fair bit I’ve ran out today) we’d see improvement. Hopefully this will do it. Thanks

What their little bodies can’t use they pee out! Very safe. Works faster and better when there is already a problem. They need the extra niacin till 10-12 weeks then switch to Nutritional yeast some put it on the feed daily some just once in a while.

Definitely such thing as too much of anything. Excersise definitely makes legs stronger. Not always a nutrition issue either.
Vitamins and minerals are important for growth and good health for all living things...yes exercise is essential for strengthening muscles
@Miss Lydia knows her stuff on Vit BComplex Abdul pretttty much every other supplemental health product I’ve ever asked about

Back
Top Bottom