shamos and thai eggs are in the incubator cant wait ...

cheers ... i candled the others last night the 5 duck eggs are doing well and 5 - 7 of the quail eggs look good but its hard to tell with them tho as there cream with brown spots... binned the rest as they was empty ! my second batch of shamos due in next week end aswell so i can pair them up with the others for next year !

only problem ive got now is the quail eggs a friend bought me at a auction and i have no idea what type they are ? i think different type hatch on different days so im unsure when to lock down !

well i put my quail eggs on lock down day 14 after looking at loads of quail egg photos we decided they was japanese quail , woke up this morning to find 3 have already hatched day 17 ... photos to follow later on
ya.gif

right so i ended up with 5 out of 7 quail hatch witch wasnt so bad i guess ... the shamos and thai's are doing great noticed one had a wonky foot so i despacted that as i thought it might of been ok but as it was getting bigger it was finding it hard to walk ect ! i locked down again yesterday afternoon 2nd batch of unrelated shamos so i can pair them ready for next year if all goes well ...

QUAIL VVVV

SHAMO'S + THAI'S vvvvvvvvvvvv

Hey guys :)
Check out this video of my Thai Rooster :)
I am currently pairing him up with 4 other hens

nice bird mate ... if mine turn out half as nice as that ill be very pleased !

yeah size and colour looks a very well put together stag ! im not sure what colours mine will come out both of the parents were black in colour ill find a photo ! dont help when they was hatching fine on both sides of the divider in the incubater thai's one side shamos the other so i go to bed and wake up to find there all on one side together so ive gotta wait till thay start growing to find out witch is witch !! haha

funny you should say that i put some ko sharmos in last week ,,,,10 - lemons and 9 ginger to different batches but set them on the same day ! they are what got me started on game birds a good few years back ! thats a ko in my profile pic !!! well so far thats 5 / 11 eggs this monring that have hatched still one thats been stuck since yesterday afternoon and a couple of others that have pipped but not doing much !!

Back
Top Bottom