Share your Ghost/Scary experiences

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MonkeyZero, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Songster

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Hi

Well Im always curious so, Id like to see how many BYC peeps have an ghost/scary paranormal experiences. Please Mods, delete is this is not OK.
    Also, if you dont believe in them, its ok, no biggie.

My experience

I was home alone in the winter of 98'. It was raining. We just moved to Modesto(not done yet though. While I was cooking, I felt someonve grab my hand. When I turned around, no one. So I though it was my mind. Then I get a call from DH. He was just telling me that he'll be home tommorow(since we didnt have all the stuff). SO I hung up. Then I looked out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw a lady staring. I turned off the stove, and ran into bed.(SREAMING) So then the next day, I had the house blessed. Since then, no problem

2. Sherry

Sherry Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Funny you should ask this today.

10 years ago today my best friend died of breast cancer. Unable to sleep I went to lay down on the bed in the room she always stayed in when she came to visit. As I was laying there I smelled her perfume and saw a shadow pass by the foot of the bed. Since I lived 8 hours away from her I have chosen to see it as she came to say goodbye. I take great comfort from it.

Should I apologize since mine isn't scary. [​IMG]

3. melleo

melleo Songster

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    My mom passed away 4 years ago. We always talked and she was always telling me how many cardinals she had at the feeder and I'd say I haven't seen any today.
    The day of her funeral as we were going to the funeral home I saw 4 cardinals My feeling was that was her sign letting me know she's ok. So everytime I see cardinals male or female I feel that she's letting me know things are ok.
    But we have things happen in the house like footsteps( my hubby's grandparents lived in this house) He said his grandpa always got up and went to the fridge in the middle of the night. Doors slamming things like that.
    I believe but I haven't had the luck of actually seeing one yet.
    I feel that someday it will happen.
    Melia
    I feel like they don't have to be scarey It's the little things that let you know they are around.

4. Ericasl

Ericasl Songster

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    I have a ghost story, I grew up in Washington state in the town of Battle Ground. When I was a kid there was a bad car wreak at a 4-way stop and a woman was killed and her child was hurt very bad, the girl was never ok she lived but she was not in a good way. The husband of the woman who died rented a house from my parents(thats how we new all the details of what had happened).

Then one night 10 years later my sister and were driving to town to pick up pizza, we always drive through that 4-way stop, well after we picked up the pizzas on our way back home, we were coming up to the stop sigh, and my sister and I saw her at the same time. We had just enough time to gab eachothers hands and we hit the ghost she went through the car we felt her it was then very cold in the car, it was summer so it was warm. I know it was that woman that died there at that 4-way stop. I now live in Idaho but I go home often and still go through that stop sigh and I wonder if I will ever see her again. I am just glad I had someome with me to see what I did so I knew I was not crazy.

5. mmajw

mmajw Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I am so glad to know that I am not the only person that believes in spirits. I have not had the pleasure of seeing a human spirit however, I have heard my dog the night that he passed.

My JD [​IMG] died early one morning my DH and I took him to the crematory and left. That evening we had just gotten into bed and we were laying there discussing the day and how we felt about loosing our beloved JD. Moments later we heard breathing and could hear the hall floor crack as it normally did when he walked down it after we went to bed as he was heading to find a comfortable spot for the night.

We both raced from bed half expecting to see him down in the hall. It was the weirdest feeling after we got back into bed and I was rolling over to put the remote on the night stand it was like I could feel him there I could feel the fur and feel his breath on my arm.
    I knew right then that he would always be with us and that he was ok. I also new that his pain must have been gone because he finally made it upstairs to the bedroom.

RIP JD [​IMG]

I do believe that there are spirits all around us and I love to see them come across in pics as orbs (spell???). In several photos you can see the orbs around family and friends and also saw several while visiting St. Patricks cathedral in NYC. That was great.

Guess they really arent scary stories just ghost (spirit) stories.

6. The first day I was back at work after my father in law died, I felt him standing behind me. I knew if I turned around I would see him. To this day, I regret not turning and seeing him just one last time (I was rattled and the feeling passed quickly), but I am so glad that he came to let me know all was well with him.

I believe that this is God. He knows what language we will understand, and so many of us are comforted when we have these experiences. It really does pass all understanding!

7. Jolyn

Jolyn Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Little things happen around here that make me go hmmmmmmmmmm......Like just yesterday i came in the back door and i know i shut the door. I heard it click. I turned around and it was standing wide open.

Speaking of orbs...some of my chicken coop pictures have them. Kind of freaks me out when i go out there at night. [​IMG]

When my youngest was smaller i used a baby monitor and some of the noises that i heard on it freaked me out. I ended up just turning it off and not using it anymore.

My mom passed away four years ago. I was there with her along with my sisters and aunt. My aunt was standing next to her fluffing her blankets and my mom said "Peggy why are you holding my hand".......my aunt wasn't and told her so.....my mom was adamant that my aunt was holding her hand. Finally my aunt showed her that she wasn't.....and my mom said..."Well someone is holding my hand.".......It was actually very comforting to know that someone was waiting to take her home.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  8. clarkestep

clarkestep Songster

May 20, 2008
    N Metro Atlanta
    This probably isn't exactly what the OP was asking for, but then again, maybe so.... it is supernatural in origin...

In 1991 I lived in Mexico City doing missionary work. I was walking behind 2 friends after doing some clowning and miming in a local park, and was still dressed up as a clown.

Now, in Mexico City the houses tend to all sit behind one long wall, each having it's own gate to the driveway and small garden area.

As I passed one gate, the lady of the house was talking to a neighbor across the street; she had the gate opened about a foot. As I passed, her pitbull saw me and lunged out of the gate to attack me. I immediately turned from him and, in English, called, "Jesus! Jesus"! and covered my face. The woman took hold of the dog's collar and drug him back into the fence.

Doesn't sound so exciting, but there's more...
    I went back to Mexico City the next year and one of my friends was still there. I asked him if he remembered the incident and he said yes. He also told me that he was in such shock when it happened that he never got to tell me what he saw from his viewpoint. He said I didn't know what all happened because I had covered my face in my hands.

He went on to tell me that all of a sudden he heard the dog and was turning around to help me when I cried, "Jesus, Jesus!" He said he had screamed, "hey!" and was about to try to intervene but that when I said the name of the Lord, that the dog just froze in mid leap and could not move. He said the dog's 2 front paws were off the ground about a foot away from me and his mouth was open ready to bite. He said the dog literally could not move, then the owner was able to get him by the collar and bring him back into the gate.

He told me that God showed him a huge lesson that day, and he had used that incident in many of his sermons that year. He told me that he was going to try to save me with his own strength, but that when I called on Jesus and God 'stepped in' to help, he realized that his strength is nothing in comparison to the the power of God. He told me it was like watching the story of Daniel and the Lions den in modern times! God shut the mouth of that dog.

He also told me that he'd never seen anything like it in his life!

And this was coming from a guy, who, was like a Rambo/Indiana Jones before he became a Christian. He had been in gangs (in several countries), either actually killed people/saw someone else do it. He was kicked out of the US (he's Australian), Mexico (a few years prior), was chased by rebels in either Guatemala or Nicaragua and almost killed. And once when he was trecking through some jungle in Central America (I don't remember where), he came upon an indigenous tribe burning a body at a stake in some kind of death ritual (I actually saw the pictures myself that he took and believe him).

And this guy said he had never seen something this powerful! It gave me chills for him to tell me this. I had no idea of what all had happened.

Oh, I could also tell other kinds of stories of seeing demons in my house. But I wasn't scared. In the name of Jesus they had to go! And they did, LOL

JC

9. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Songster

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Quote:Thats a really good story.

Do you mind if I email it to a couple of my friends?

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    There was another thread about this a while back so I just copied the post I made on that one:

Me and my boyfriend, Danny (DH now) were living in an apartment building that was once a cotton mill built in 1909. A friend of mine came over and we decided to go into my room and play with my ouji board. Danny wasn't home at the time.

We asked the ghost what his name was, he said Tim Edenfield. He told us he died while working at the cotton mill. We asked him what he was doing here and he said "I'm just trying to help" . And that was it.

Now, I didn't move that ouji thing and neither did my friend because she was crying over it and left my apartment still in tears 2 hours later.

About a month goes by and I had never told Danny about ouji experience. We were in bed asleep and I felt breathing on my face. I opened my eyes and Danny was an inch from my face with his eyes wide open. I said "WHAT are you doing?" and he said "I'm just trying to help" . He then rolled over facing away from me. I shook him and kept saying "what did you say, what did you just say?" He WOKE UP and said "I didn't say anything I'm freakin trying to sleep, leave me alone."

He still to this day can not remember ever saying anything that night.

We lived in that apartment for about 1 more year after that and in that year Danny was tormented by Tim Edenfield. Danny would scream in his sleep and I would wake up and turn on the light to find Danny with an invisible force holding him down to the mattress. Danny would see demons looking at him on the ceiling. the light would turn off when you were in the bathroom. Our covers would get thrown across the bedroom in the middle of the night. To many other things to list.

My grandma was visiting from TN and went into my bathroom. She came out a couple of minutes later and said Tim has gone to the light and he will not bother Danny again. And she was right. We haven't heard from Tim in 3 years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: