Share Your Hatch-a-long

celebrate.gif

Soo happy for you! Post pictures of the cute chickies to help me carry on! Maybe you'll have some interesting mixes?

Today is day 8 for me- I candled my eggs yesterday, and 8 out of 9 were alive and growing! The last one was just a clear egg, no development nor anything interesting to poke at when I cracked it.
But all the others look okay! Their air sacs are incredibly wonky though- not round at all- heart-shaped, Micky-mouse shaped, and just weird.... Should I be worried for my hatch?

Thanks, I will. I only have a tiny window to see through but I'll try :) so far all are blue or black! Hoping for some color soon. Hmm I'm not sure about the air cells though. Did you let them sit for a few days after you got them?

I candled again today. 8 out of 9 have definite veins. The other one doesn't look like it's doing anything, but since we're only on day 7, I'm going to let it ride.

I candled again today. 8 out of 9 have definite veins. The other one doesn't look like it's doing anything, but since we're only on day 7, I'm going to let it ride.

I'd let it ride till your next candling. If no progress then pitch it. Also some pics from my hatch. Bear with me since I only have the tiny window to take pictures with. Saw at least eight chicks :) the Sumatra eggs are finally pipping!!

Back
Top Bottom