Share your herbal/natural remedies, uses, and home made creations!

We live in a farming community and we neighbors all share resources. One of the things we have that they don't is jewelweed. So we make jewelweed paste, liniment & ice cubes to soothe any itch rashes and bug bites. We share it a couple times a year and they return the empty spray bottles or they'll send the kids down through the pastures with veggies or eggs to trade for ice cubes.

We live in a farming community and we neighbors all share resources. One of the things we have that they don't is jewelweed. So we make jewelweed paste, liniment & ice cubes to soothe any itch rashes and bug bites. We share it a couple times a year and they return the empty spray bottles or they'll send the kids down through the pastures with veggies or eggs to trade for ice cubes.
I’m so sorry, I just saw this. Jewelweed must be very handy!

Peppermint and lemon essential oils applied equally to your temples, in between eyes, brain stem, and forehead helps a lot with headaches! I have heard lavender works too but havent tried yet. Also use same mixture or peppermint and lemon and put in diffuser for headaches. It also works well.

WARNING!
DO NOT GET PEPPERMINT IN YOUR EYES!!!!!it hurts!!!!! Yes that happened to me. To get it out of your eye use a damp towel and press it against your eye. Or use milk to flush it out. Don't use water cuz oil and water don't mix.

I use a flower essence called Rescue Remedy to calm my animals down. Now my big 50 lb. lab does shake and run and hide during a thuderstorm anymore. Its really good to use on stressed chickens and yourselves! Its made by Bach I got mine off amazon. Its the best thing in the world. I also use herbs and essences. I love all natural remedies. :love

Peppermint and lemon essential oils applied equally to your temples, in between eyes, brain stem, and forehead helps a lot with headaches! I have heard lavender works too but havent tried yet. Also use same mixture or peppermint and lemon and put in diffuser for headaches. It also works well.

WARNING!
DO NOT GET PEPPERMINT IN YOUR EYES!!!!!it hurts!!!!! Yes that happened to me. To get it out of your eye use a damp towel and press it against your eye. Or use milk to flush it out. Don't use water cuz oil and water don't mix.
OUCH

Back
Top Bottom