Share your silly chicken stories

mountainbunny

Songster
May 26, 2016
Central Arkansas
Share your funniest/silliest chicken stories here. This last year and a half is my first time ever raising chickens and I'm constantly amused by their behavior. I'd love to hear other people's funny stories. I'm sure I will add some of my own later when I'm not half asleep. For now I just want to hear other people's stories. I love talking about chickens but I'm sure I drive non chicken owners crazy!

Yeah there are so many silly things they do. Lately what's been cracking me up is one of my BOs gets confused when I heard them back into the coop by tossing mealworms inside... The all going running strait into the coop. She gets so excited that she runs past the door and ends up having to turn back around to enter the coop. I guess only a chicken lover could appreciate that one.

My roo tries to constantly give me stuff and I've got to take it or he'll just keep trying. I only learned this by watching him carry a bottle cap around for about half an hour. Now i take his offering give him a beard scratch and he's good to go. I've read I'm not supposed to take rooster gifts but what are you going to do leave him hanging? :)

Back
Top Bottom