Share you're Wisdom thread !

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lucyharper123, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lucyharper123

lucyharper123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    Post all your knowlage about you're baby chicks from the past and for the Future!
    some ideas :)
    chick behaviours
    their favourite treats
    best feed and medical feed/water
    just general and interesting things
    ect! :)

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    One of the biggest things I've learned is that baby chicks are alot tougher than we humans give them credit for. They don't necessarily NEED to be kept at a perfect 95° and stepped down 5° each week after, for example.
    Chickens are called chickens for a reason. They're literally afraid of everything the first time they encounter it. Don't believe me? Give your chicks some hard boiled egg yolk and then sit back and wonder why they don't eat it :gig
    Chickens hate change. They are creatures of habit. Bring their morning treat just 5 minutes later than usual, and listen to them complain about it for the rest of the day!
    But most of all, chicks/chickens are FUN! I don't think I've ever gotten as much enjoyment from any other animal I've owned. They're everyday antics crack me up. I find it very relaxing to pull out my chair and watch them pick thru the grass and run after bugs. And its a very rewarding feeling when that bird that once thought you were out to turn it into a chicken pot pie finally decides its safe to come eat out of your hand or hop up into your lap for the first time :love
    I LOVE MY CHICKENS!!!
    Nikki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by